Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Holley HP EFI-compatible with DD VHX gauge?

Since I'm planning on doing a manual swap, and adding a cam and/or turbo to the stock 5.3, I figure it's time to switch to one of Holley's EFI system, and my stock GM ECU/harness can be moved over to another car. Right now I'm leaning towards the HP system, since it can provide pwm fan control (will be duplicating andrew70 set up in his Cougar).

Have a quick question though. At the moment, the car (67 Firebird) has a Dakota Digital VHX gauges, that gets the inputs (speed/tach/MIL) from the stock ECU. Can the Holley HP provide the same thing? I don't really want to use the Holley digital dash set up.

Thanks.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

I have Dakota Digital with the analog gauges. My speedo and fans[fans are a separate controller than the dash but wired together] and tac are controlled by the digital controller. I haven't been able to put but maybe 5/6 miles on it as I have pushrod to pushrod guide clearance problems, but every thing seems to be working properly. 66 Lemans 496 BBC TKO600 HP EFI TPI tunnel ram with dual throttle bodies.

I actually have the holley hp ecu and the digital dash. The hp ecu has a separate output harness. I use it to trigger ground to my fan relays. The other inputs and outputs can be triggered positive or negative. I looked and didn't see anything as far as speedo and tach. Holley should be releasing another harness soon for the digital dash that will run speedo off a gps signal. The digital dash has a can plug in that communicates all the other gauges from the ecu. My suggestion would be to try to find a gps sensor to run your speedo possibly. You may be able to set up a output for your tach wire from the extension harness. Your best bet would be to call holley tech line or post over on the holley website. They have a forum that is pretty good.

Thx guys

Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com