Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

69 Camaro front seat options

Got another question for all you out there.

Been reading over tons of forums about seats and I attempted to broach this issue during my resto, but kicked the idea down the road till later.

I would like to put a set of updated seats into my 69 camaro. Integrated shoulder harness would be awesome! However, it's not a deal breaker.

Problem with the 69 is that the darn rails are much closer together width wise than practically anything out there, not to mention the pitch of the floor pan to other cars is nowhere near a close match to anything modern as all the modern cars have flat floor pans. So... my question is this: Are there any seats, modern era, that are somewhat close in both mounting bolt location and set to the correct pitch or, like most modifications like this, it's gonna take a bit of alteration to make this kind of swap work?

Curious to what other people have come across who have done this. If you have gone this route, it would be helpful to know what seats you used and what modifications, if any, you had to have done. Pictures of the mods would be most helpful vs. pictures of the seats as I would like to see how technical the changes were so I have a better idea of how to approach doing this.

Thanks in advance!

Country Flag: United States
      Cobra Misanos bolt in, using the Planted adapter and Cobra seat sliders.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com