Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: Canada

Jerems 66 Chevelle

Well I thought it was time to put up a build thread of my 66 Chevelle being built by Jeff Allison at Allison Customs. We don’t have any project name for the car and I can’t really think of anything clever for it haha.

It’s due to be a daily driver with some Pro Touring flare to it, 650hp LT4, T56 Magnum, Art Morrison chassis, powder coated trim/bumbers etc. (no chrome on the car), comfortable modern interior. ALSO, just learned that the car will be going to SEMA 2018 and will be in the Ron Francis Wiring booth! That's pretty exciting and we would like to give a big thanks to Ron Francis for getting involved and deeming us worthy for being in their booth haha.

This will be a long build but I will try and update it the best I can. Obviously I’m not doing the work but as I get updates I’ll post them up here.

You can follow the build here, Allison Customs Facebook page and Robert Kibbe from the Musclecar place will have updates every once and awhile on The Musclecar Place Podcast. Jeff and I were on episode #260 (Listen Here) introducing the build. We were on the show for the fact that this build came about because I found out about Allison Customs from Robert’s podcast when Allison Customs was building Robert's 64 Chevelle and the show was one of the driving forces to get me to contact Jeff about building my car.

This is just my dream car coming to reality, it’s not a big name build or anything just my idea for my dream Chevelle and I’m really looking forward to seeing it come together.

The current stage of the build is it’s torn down, disassembled and waiting for soda blasting to see the true state of the sheet metal (fingers crossed).

For now, here’s some Pics:
      Before:

Wood Door Panels? Interesting...

A bunch of parts that came with the car

Shipping Issues...This was a bit scary when I first saw these photos but everything ended up ok. The car was NOT tied down that well and when the driver slammed on the brakes to make a turn...

Last edited by Jerems; 09-18-2015 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Fixing Photos

Jeff went searching for rust...and found it...as well as dirt, sand and god knows what else haha.

Radiator Support...toast...Jeff will be making a custom tubular support for the car so this wasn't a big deal

But this will need to get replaced, just behind the front passenger wheel well

Insides of doors etc, were in pretty good shape

Various Pics

Jeff said the frame was in surprisingly good shape, very little damage at all found on it.

Body was put on the rotisserie, first turn over made a mess.

Last edited by Jerems; 09-18-2015 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Fixing Photos

Country Flag: United States
      Beautiful car love that color what is that

Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
      Beautiful car love that color what is that
      Thanks! The colour is House of Kolor tangerine Kandy Basecoat. I might end up going with a deeper (darker) orange but based on the same Kandy base.

Jerems

It's scary how little knowledge one must have to drive a semi load of cars. And that appears to me a nicer rig than most out there. Glad your car was OK.

Great looking "driver"!
      1960 Biscayne
      Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
      It's scary how little knowledge one must have to drive a semi load of cars. And that appears to me a nicer rig than most out there. Glad your car was OK.

Great looking "driver"!
      Thanks, the driver told Jeff "The car fell off the trailer" but I'm glad that is all that happened, could have been much worse.

I love 66 Chevelles, that's what my first car was. Nice project.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Soda Blasting

A little update on the Chevelle. It got soda blasted by Dwight of Advanced Stripping Technologies which turned up some ‘suspect’ areas. Either way it’s good to see the car making the next step but I’m hoping the damage isn’t extensive and isolated to certain areas.

Dwight hard at work.

The ‘suspect’ spots where a lot of filler was used, these will be getting glass beaded to see the true state of the metal before going off for primer, crossing my fingers…

Pin holes showed up in the floor…

In the case for the driver door, filler was used to fill rust spots that rusted right through, awesome.

Some typical rust spots were found that weren’t surprising like the lower windshield mounting area and trunk edge.

Next step is the glass shooting to get rid of all the filler then off to get primer before Jeff starts working his magic on the sheet metal.

Stay Tuned.

I typically prefer early 70's A bodies.... but this is looking awesome! Please keep the updates coming.

I have had three 66 Malibu's and would have a fourth if we were able to find one reasonably priced but ended up with a pretty nice 67 Firebird. Going to follow along and live vicariously through your build.

Quote Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
      I typically prefer early 70's A bodies.... but this is looking awesome! Please keep the updates coming.
      Thanks, I'll try and keep it updated as we go along....will be a long process.

Quote Originally Posted by RMMiller View Post
      I have had three 66 Malibu's and would have a fourth if we were able to find one reasonably priced but ended up with a pretty nice 67 Firebird. Going to follow along and live vicariously through your build.
      That's awesome you've had 3 already but a 67 firebird is pretty sweet as well.

I've been in talks with Eric Brockmeyer about getting a hand drawn rendering for my car. I really like the HOK digital one that's I've made up but I think having that hand drawn version will be pretty sweet to hang in the house and get some more particulars about the car and interior laid out to give us a good overall look reference. We haven't started yet due to he's crazy busy but hopefully we'll be getting started soon!

Car is back at the shop

The car made it's way back to the shop to start on the sheet metal repairs / modifications.

drivers side floor had some issues we could see at first.

And the sheet metal started rolling in....more than we first anticiapated....and I hoped that would be needed!

Repairs have begun

The repairs have begun, starting with the drivers side Cowl panel.

Renderings

Decided to get some professional renderings done by Eric Brockmeyer. www.brockmeyerdesign.com/

I liked the renderings I did with the House of Kolor program but it just didn't allow a lot of manipulation and I was curious about how my idea for an interior was going to come together.

Eric did an amazing job, took about 2 month total but I was in no hurry and the quality of work was amazing. He came up with some really trick ideas that I ended up keeping apart of the final rendering.

Still debating a little bit between Rushforth wheels Rated X or Boze Forged Clutch Concave. I think the clutch look pretty bad ass on there. Also, he made some pretty sweet door panel designs but I don't know if totally custom interior is going to be in the budget so I got a version with the TMI done just encase haha.

Let me know what you think.

This is awesome.

Going to be a good looking ride !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
      This is awesome.
      Quote Originally Posted by MOREHORSEPOWER View Post
      Going to be a good looking ride !!
      Thanks Guys!

Very cool. Keep us posted

Wow, those renderings from Brockmeyer look awesome. Pretty cool project. Any ideas when it might be done?
      Air/Hydraulic tube benders, Drill Press Reduction Kits, Die Sets, Tubing Notchers! All made in the USA

I live 20 minutes away from Morrisons. If I could afford one of their a body chassis, I would. Absolute artwork.
      1967 El Camino 408ci LSx....and the build begins!
      1967 Turbocharged 408ci LSx Chevelle - 1012 rwhp, 959 rwtq 67 Chevelle
      2009 Supercharged Silverado - On the Dyno

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com