Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1968 Firebird onsole

Looking for options.
      I have a stock 1968 automatic Firebird floor console.
      The front console had some broken studs. I had to weld on new studs and it affected the burlwood covering.
      I know you can buy new vinyl burlwood overlays. But, I'm not crazy about the wood look. Makes me feel like I'm driving my dads car.
      In 1967 the Firebird had a black pebble grain look. I like this much better and have that piece on my dash surrounding the radio and ash tray. I still need to buy a pebble grain ash tray.
      I tried the wrinkle finish but did not get an even look over all of the pieces.
      I have seen some people paint the center pieces the same color as the car.
      Any other ideas or some kind of textured vinyl overlay???

The rest of my interior is fairly stock except for Pro Car Rally Seats.

Country Flag: United States
      Just get a 67 camaro console. Same as firebird just with the pebble texture

I'm pretty sure they are different shifters. I have a good 1969 shifter that I converted over to use my neutral safety switch. I already have the console but I had to weld on some new studs to the bottom of it. The burlwood applique was in rough shape after the welding. Just looking for different options on how to cover it besides using the original looking wood look.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com