Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks! Can't wait to put this place to work and start utilizing and honing skills to build more cars. My son is also starting to get bit by the car bug. He's taking a trip next month with his school to tour a career center for high school kids. He's looking at Automotive Technologies.
      -Mike

More progress on the Garage this weekend. Back wall is wrapped and more sheeting on the front wall. Need to make another trip to the lumber yard for more OSB, Wrap, and some 2x6's to finish framing in the windows. Soffit and Fascia trim should be going up soon also.
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      -Mike

Badass!!!! Very nice work
      1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

I'm still jealous!

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Finishing up some trim work on the roof this weekend. Framing in windows and bought 20 more sheets of OSB to do more sheeting. The overhead door will be on order soon and have been researching lighting options. Also have been researching a little on air compressors and other shop needs. Stay tuned, more to come.
      -Mike

Not much to report today. Finished up the roof trim and ridge cap and framed in the rest of the window openings. I'll most likely get those on order this week along with the doors. Skipped out on working on the Garage Sunday to go deer hunting... should have worked on the Garage.
      -Mike

Well this changes things a bit.... Early snow storm dumped 6" of snow on us.
      -Mike

A few more shots of the sheeting going up. Waiting on the windows and entry doors to arrive.

-Mike

So I may have gotten the cart in front of the horse a bit today, but couldn't pass up this Black Friday deal at Menards. They may not be Snop-On, but that's 144" of Stainless Steel tool storage! Saved $400 on each one, got them both for under $1K.
      -Mike

Little more this weekend. 14 sheets to go and and the walls will be closed up. Windows should be arriving soon.
      -Mike

Country Flag: Canada
      Be nice to at least get it closed in before winter shows up.....again
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Finished of the OSB sheeting this weekend and Sturgis Overhead Door came out to measure the opening for that. They should have it installed within the next 2 weeks. I believe the entry doors and windows will be arriving this week. The conduit is run for electrical and Ethernet. Minimal amount of house wrap to finish up and we'll move on to the electrical work inside. It's been a long haul this year, but I've always believed that you should never hire out a job that you are capable of doing yourself. It may take a little longer, but I've always taken pride in my accomplishments.
      -Mike

Not much progress this weekend. Went to PRI in Indy, but did get the first entry door in.
      -Mike

Good to see you'll get it sealed up before winter really hits Mike. Are you going to put in a drop ceiling? How are you going to insulate the walls and the roof\ceiling?

Mine is 36x50 so about the same size as yours. I started mine in 2001 and am pretty familiar with the process you are going through. It's hard and satisfying all at the same time.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

I'm going to do a steel panel ceiling, then do blow-in insulation up in the attic, about 14". They have 8 ft. wide R19 batted insulation specific for pole barns, with a nailer strip at the top. They install between the posts and hang in place, pretty quick and easy. The walls will have a 36" high black steel wainscot, then I'll use the T1-11 wood siding painted light gray for the rest of the wall coverage. I did a simple 3D model of it in SolidWorks for fun to get a rough idea of the color scheme.
      -Mike

That should work out pretty nice...
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

We were able to get the windows and second entry door installed this weekend, as well as pull the electric and Ethernet cables through. Overhead door is scheduled for install today and should be able to get the rest of the wrap finished up this week.
      -Mike

Not much new in the form of pictures, but we've been running electrical and getting things planned out for lighting, insulation, etc. We'll post some new pics up soon.
      -Mike

Love it.

I didn't see a coax ran to the shop.
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

Hey Mike, awesome project ya got there. Thought I'd toss some ideas out to you that I have researched and implemented on my shop. Mine is a 21x 32 old shop that needed ALOT of improvements. I went with the overhead highbay lights and they are the new small diameter bulbs, (cant think of the number at the moment) but you can get different intensity of bulb brightness, a bit costly at first but are very efficient and put out great light. Finally convinced a buddy of mine to go with them and he is very happy. As far as air compressors, the only way to go is with a rotary. Thay are much more quiet and can run lots of tools etc.. If you are planning to do alot of restoration/building of cars i would really consider using delta rib or equivelent due on the walls for grinding sparks etc. My buddy i mentioned had a shop burn down because of sparks etc. He has an incredible '57 chevy convertible but thank God it had been moved outside. As far as insulation goes, I would suggest spray in foam where you can. really helps with costs of heating expense. Again all of these things cost a pretty good amount but you never regret it. The plains of northern Montana have some brutal winds and cold winters, and these things have really helped me.
      Just thought I'd let u know what i have done and how happy I am. As for now my shop does not have the delta rib but the next one will. Also I'm sure you are going to build nice bench's I used some galvanized steel. very tough and durable,easy clean up and makes a very nice surface. I am in the process now of installing Maxline 3/4" airline to feed the shop. Its pretty reasonable and others have told me it works good. Well thats it for now, now you know most of my shop secrets. Oh, by the way I saw the pic of your little helper, I was tinking how cool it would be if you built here a pedal car or something so she could cruz around the shop and really help keep her interested. I guessing a pink one would go over well. Take care and good luck on your ventures.
      Bruce Jeppesen
      "RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
      1966 Chevelle
      1978 Ford F-150 4x4
      1930 Model
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/1...e-PT-Challenge

Need more time, more money and more ambition!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com