Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

which Hyd clutch setup should I use .

I'm looking to buy Hyd clutch setup for my 67 Camaro running TKO 600 . Would like some real world feedback on which setup works and what to stay away from . I'm leaning towards Tilton . Please chime in with any feed back that might help .

I put an american power train in my 66 Lemans. It WAS NOT a direct fit as they claim. A 2 x 4 in by 1/4 in thick aluminum plate bolted to each side of the fire wall is not strong enough. The piece was almost as big as the hole left by the original clutch linkage. I do not know how good it is as I still have not gotten the car back on the road.

Looking at Bowlers setup

Name:  IMG_2140.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  130.0 KBHello D.Alman, Slightly different combo but I believe it would be the same MC and mounting setup. I am running the Hurst Driveline Tilton Hydraulic kit on my 69 Camaro with a T56 Mag.

The MC and mounting plate sandwich between the brake MC and the firewall. It uses the original hole for the factory clutch link. Bolted on no problem with my Wilwood MC and just had to drill a new hole in the stock clutch peddle. The other pieces would obviously be TKO600 specific.
      I attached a crappy pic of my setup.

My advice would be to contact Hurst Drive Line Conversions and ask them. They were very helpful with me and everything is working great for me.

Best of luck, Brew
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Nice looking setup . How is pedal feel with the Tilton setup?

I installed a Modern Driveline kit in my Cougar and it's a solid product. I'm using a stock LS slave, but I like the Tilton unit as well for non LS applications.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Why go hydraulic on a Camaro ???? I've used a few dual disc clutches with a crazy light pedal effort yet hold 750 hp. I have yet to drive a car new or old with a hydraulic clutch that felt good lol

jmo

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bgonz 68 View Post
      Why go hydraulic on a Camaro ???? I've used a few dual disc clutches with a crazy light pedal effort yet hold 750 hp. I have yet to drive a car new or old with a hydraulic clutch that felt good lol

jmo

Bob
      Bob,

With all due respect, a properly set-up hydraulic released clutch is way smoother than a mechanical linkage. Both my GTO and the Cougar have great feeling clutches...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

When I order my frame ( powder coated ) from DSE I didn't have the clutch part installed on my frame . I was planning to go LS but for now going with SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Alman View Post
      Nice looking setup . How is pedal feel with the Tilton setup?
      The pedal feel is very light and the action is smooth. I went with the hydraulic setup for those reasons. My design criteria for all the up grades on my car are that my petite wife could drive it without any problems. She is used to driving new cars and they have smooth easy to operate clutches thus in the Ro too

I would however recommend you look into a remote bleed for the hydraulic setup you go with. In my case the Quicktime bell housing is a bugger to access the bleeder on. Just the usual 20/20 hindsight stuff.

Cheers, Brew
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Yep, a properly set up hydraulic clutch is smoother and has a better feel than a mechanical linkage. A hydraulic clutch's slave response to the master is linear, unlike a mechanical which has at least 3 rotary movements.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Thanks guys ! I went with Bowlers setup with the Tilton TB and master . Mark Bowler was very nice to work with and answered a lot of questions I had . I feel good about the purchase and can't wait to get this car on the road .

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com