Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Ditching built in audio system altogether

When I get to the audio portion of my build, I'm strongly considering ditching built-in audio altogether and just using a roll bar mount bluetooth powered speaker system

Far from perfect sound I'm sure, but probably will be in the category of "good enough."

Anyone have experience with the golf cart, UTV or marine options?

For example: https://www.mtx.com/mud6spbt-univers...ther-sound-bar

Quote Originally Posted by feeble View Post
      When I get to the audio portion of my build, I'm strongly considering ditching built-in audio altogether and just using a roll bar mount bluetooth powered speaker system

Far from perfect sound I'm sure, but probably will be in the category of "good enough."

Anyone have experience with the golf cart, UTV or marine options?

For example: https://www.mtx.com/mud6spbt-univers...ther-sound-bar
      Shawn,

I think it is an excellent idea and should definitely be "good enough!"

I just did something similar and bought a Bravin bluetooth speaker for my Cougar.

It isn't permanently mounted, but sits nicely on the flat trans tunnel and is plenty loud. I like the MTX sound bar idea a lot. I'd figure out a way to mount it in the front as that will give you much better sound than from behind.

Andrew
      Last edited by andrewb70; 08-31-2015 at 04:42 PM.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Bluetooth speaker install looks great Andrew. I should be able to make something like that work easily in my pickup that is also without a radio but no way will it work in my Mustang. There is no under dash space that isn't designed for knees and feet and there is very little space between the dash and tunnel.

I'm not using the full console, but mine won't have much more room than this, a mostly stock Mustang II interior:

I see what you mean. In that case, clamping it to the roll bar should work "good enough." The nice thing about the MTX sound bar is that it can be linked to an external amp. You might want to do this and run a small subwoofer somewhere. Like one of these guys:

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-sub...stems-microsub

I played around with a 6" version and it really boosted the bottom end, but keep in mind that most of that will get washed out when you go down the road.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I'm just going to need a little part throttle noise to listen too. Full throttle, the car makes it owns music. :D

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

Sony makes a deck that is operational from an app on your phone. It's an option - and you would be able to trunk mount it out of site and add in whatever speakers you wanted in any place that you desired. I am considering doing this as I don't really wish to cut up the 300 dash panel I purchased to put a deck in.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com