Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Vintage Air Second Gen Firebird Kit Just Released

Howdy folks! This morning, Vintage Air released our Sure Fit kit for '70-81 factory air Firebirds. The non factory air version will be released very soon too. This system is a real bruiser and features a huge 25mm thick parallel flow condenser. We've been testing it for over a year in one of our mule cars and it performs exceptionally well.

Ryan Zwicker
      Director of Engineering
      Vintage Air, Inc.
      www.vintageair.com

KUL FIR CHICK N: COOL FIRECHICKEN
      '68 Firebird, LS7, 6spd, DSE all around.

SWEET!!! I've been planning to call Vintage Air tech in the next few months to see why this isn't offered yet, guess I don't have to. My only question, with the Gen IV systems like this, can I run a different, more custom control panel? I'm going to do a custom dash bezel, so fitting into the stock control location isn't of concern for me.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellshotrodsAZ View Post
      SWEET!!! I've been planning to call Vintage Air tech in the next few months to see why this isn't offered yet, guess I don't have to. My only question, with the Gen IV systems like this, can I run a different, more custom control panel? I'm going to do a custom dash bezel, so fitting into the stock control location isn't of concern for me.
      Absolutely. Any of our three pot controls will plug right in and work properly. The ProLine Oval panels are the most popular with the PT set. I often use the pots from the "3-Knob Base Under Dash Control" for really custom conversions, such as late model GTO panels, one-offs, etc.

http://www.vintageair.com/2015%20Cat...talog%2045.pdf

Ryan that is very good news,I am working on a 1977 Pontiac Formula New Mexico car with hopes of completing for Sema/optima ultimate streetcar events 2016,Ls,6spd,Dse,the list goes on $$$$$$!

Quote Originally Posted by pedro gonzalez View Post
      Ryan that is very good news,I am working on a 1977 Pontiac Formula New Mexico car with hopes of completing for Sema/optima ultimate streetcar events 2016,Ls,6spd,Dse,the list goes on $$$$$$!
      Right there with you, Pedro. My '68 Firebird is more effective at eating money than a shredder, but like other things in life, it's expensive because it's worth it...

Long needed kit for sure! Would like to get my non a/c '79 Trans Am running air conditioning by next spring. Do you guys include the engine bracket for Pontiac 400/455?
      Last edited by F-Body International; 09-16-2015 at 06:32 AM. Reason: error

Vintage Air Second Gen Firebird Kit Just Released

This is good news. Need a set-up for my non-ac '70 Formula.

Absolutely. Our Pontiac compressor bracket fits 301-455 engines with or without smog pumps. The complete kit includes the compressor bracket.

The non-air version will be released within a couple of weeks.

Sunland, CA east side of the San Fernando Valley in the foothills
      So So awesome!!!!!!! The best news I've heard in a year!!!! This is on my short list of to dos for my 75 TA.

I'm excited about this kit too. I was planning to adapt the 2nd gen Camaro kit, but now i won't need to. I have already welded up the firewall holes on my 72 A/C car. I left the blower hole open and hope the round adapter in the pic will work for my application to route the hoses and wiring.

Anyone use one of these kits on a non a/c body yet? I'm curious to see what gets changed vs an a/c body. There's a lot of little stuff that's different.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com