Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
      Country Flag: Germany

1985 Dodge Power Ram W250 3/4t 360/518/241
      2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT-10 505/T56/D60 small upgrades

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcrunch View Post
      lol Thanks

2004 Silverado RCSB
      370 LQ9 - TR6060 - 4.10's - Centerforce Dual Friction - TruTrac - AFCO Coilovers - Flip Kit - Hotchkis Sway Bars
      Belltech Spindles - Kooks Headers - Magnaflow - Tuned With HP Tuners
      Go-Fast truck

Man that sucks about the thrust bearing. I had a 80 swap in my fullsize eat up the 6.0 and the 416 before I realized what was going on. I was not using spacers. But glad that you made it to ls fest. I finally made it to the ls fest east with the s10. The build looks good. The 6 speed is the way to go.

Figured I better update this thread. Had a few issued with the truck after the transmission swap. I was having a throttle issue where the truck would go into limp mode on a long second gear pull. To try and narrow down the issue I swapped the 90mm LS3 and X-Link out for a stock throttle body. This ended up not fixing the issue and kept me from running the truck at one of the autocross events I went to. After looking at the tune file for the 100th time I realized the problem was with the Calculated Airmass vs TPS vs RPM table and Part of the segment swap. Made some adjustments and the problem was fixed.

Then at the last NMCA event of the year I got a few runs out of the truck before I lost the clutch. At first I thought it was the throwout bearing locking up, but after towing it home and tearing it apart I found out the pilot bearing failed. Part of it hurt end the sleeve that the throwout bearing rides on and kept it from extending completely. Unfortunately with the pilot bearing out, the input shaft of the trans chewed up the inside of the pilot bearing and now there is a slight amount of play in the input shaft. Going to swap out the input shaft and pilot bearing for a bushing and get the truck back out and get it dialed in.

While the truck was dawn I also started my own Flex Fuel conversion. Which I had wanted to do for a while. After seeing a few companies' setups I realized I had almost all of the pieces leftover from other projects to build my own. Not bad for less than $100 in parts. Haven't messed with the tune part of it yet, but I will when I get the truck back up and running.

Overall it's a bummer that I wasn't able to get some solid events out of the truck this year but I have a lot planned for next year. A few f those plans including swapping a 6 speed into Claudia's truck along with some more power and potentially some new brake/suspension parts for both trucks. Stay tuned. :burnout:

2004 Silverado RCSB
      370 LQ9 - TR6060 - 4.10's - Centerforce Dual Friction - TruTrac - AFCO Coilovers - Flip Kit - Hotchkis Sway Bars
      Go-Fast truck

Thanks for the updates.
      Shame something as small as a pilot bearing can take out a vehicle. :(

Yeah and to having something that small cause as much damage as it did. Oh well. That's how it goes sometimes.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Sorry for the delay. I ended up getting sick last weekend while trying to post this. Still recovering so I've got a bit of down time to play catch up.

I have the transmission back in one piece and back in the truck. It was installed with a new Centerforce throwout bearing and a bronze pilot bushing. While I had the transmission out I took the time to pull the front cover off the transmission and make sure the nothing else was damaged when the pilot bearing failed. Everything in the front of the trans looked ok so that was re-assembled and I finished getting the output shaft bearing kit put in. One of the snap rings and a spacer were missing from the kit so I had Rockland send those out.

I also finally got my fiberglass hood on the truck. Not wanting a cowl/drag race style hood I ended up finding McNeil Off Road had a fiberglass stock replacement hood for the 03-05 trucks. The fitment is pretty good and it bolts up to the stock hinges. Mc Neil says it can be made to work with the factory latch as well, but I didn't want to cut the rivets off the stock hood hinge catch in case I had any problems with the glass hood. From the start of the hood project I wanted to install a Z28/1LE Vent extractor so I found a GM one while searching eBay.

I ended up pulling the stock latch off completely and saving it with the old hood. I found a good deal on a set of Aero Catch Latches to keep it in place. I opted for the steel pin/locking versions for added security. Now that I had all of the pieces it was time to start cutting... Measure ten times and cut once.

To be continued...

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Not wanting the hole for the vent to look like an after-thought, I decided to fiberglass in the opening to help the hood keep it's shape and strengthen it back up. That was my first time playing with fiberglass and it wasn't too bad. knowing it was going to be a sticky, itchy process I kept covered up and it kept the scratching to a minimum.

I'm really pleased with how the hood turned out. Now I just have to figure out what to do about the mismatching color... Maybe a color change coming to the truck soon.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Country Flag: Canada
      Are you still developing and competing with this truck?

Just binged on this build! Great truck and rad that your lady and you share the same passion.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

You guys should follow his instagram @steve_o_komlos. This truck was stolen and now he has a different one. They also run an LS swapped colorado. Too bad he isn't still updating this as regularly.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

I was literally typing up the same...

https://instagram.com/steve_o_komlos...d=prafqv7ab8ub

Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      You guys should follow his instagram @steve_o_komlos. This truck was stolen and now he has a different one. They also run an LS swapped colorado. Too bad he isn't still updating this as regularly.
      THEY STOLE HIS TRUCK!?!?!?!?
      Wow. People suck.
      Still gone, not recovered?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
      Wow. People suck.
      Correct. California is a terrible place to have a performance car these days. Roadkill had a project truck stolen around the same time too. Better believe I'll be locking mine down when I take it to events out there.

Wow. Mike Musto had a pretty sweet Monte Carlo (1970?) stolen last summer.
      That's a pretty high profile vehicle, I certainly wouldn't want it hiding in my garage. Hell... you'd never be able to drive it.
      People are so bold these days....

Quote Originally Posted by Coneman View Post
      Are you still developing and competing with this truck?
      Quote Originally Posted by Project Bike Truck View Post
      Just binged on this build! Great truck and rad that your lady and you share the same passion.
      Wow. People suck.
      Correct. California is a terrible place to have a performance car these days. Roadkill had a project truck stolen around the same time too. Better believe I'll be locking mine down when I take it to events out there.
      Wow. Mike Musto had a pretty sweet Monte Carlo (1970?) stolen last summer.
      That's a pretty high profile vehicle, I certainly wouldn't want it hiding in my garage. Hell... you'd never be able to drive it.
      People are so bold these days....

Hey guys sorry for the delayed reply. I am still working on my truck (The gray 2004 Silverado) And the new project, a 2005 Colorado. I have tons of info and pictures but I have been so busy that I forget to post any of it. I am working on uploading pictures now though.

The truck that was stolen was my girlfriends Black 2006 Silverado. Our house was broken into February 13, 2018 and the scumbags were able to get away with her truck... Nothing was ever recovered from the truck. It completely vanished. I had tons of people scouring the internet and local areas looking for it but not a single piece of it was ever found.

So after a rough couple of months we were coming up on LS fest west and we both had already bought tickets for it. So I decided to take my daily driver (05 Colorado) and build it for LS fest. It was a ton of work but I was able to pull it off in a months time. I'll have all the info from the build up soon. I appreciate you guys following along.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Cool. Sorry man, I hate stories where people suck. :(
      Keep us in mind with pics and links to cool stuff.

Thanks for chiming in a clearing it all up for us. I'd personally love to see a build thread on that Colorado. The thought crossed my mind a few months ago that one of those with an LS would make a killer little truck for autox. Great minds think alike.

Cool truck Steve O. I had some of the same ideas on my old Ford. Great minds think alike.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com