Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice truck man!
      I see a Gopro in there. You have any videos?

Steve-o-08's Silverado Build Thread

Thanks!

Yeah here's some from the last Hotchkis event. My Silverado and my Girlfriend, Claudia's runs.

https://youtu.be/yk1FDM2tPXQ

https://youtu.be/NXNfnUx9od0

https://youtu.be/HAQPkOZ2pIE

https://youtu.be/5Qc5yB7O4Bs

2004 Silverado RCSB
      370 LQ9 - TR6060 - 4.10's - Centerforce Dual Friction - TruTrac - AFCO Coilovers - Flip Kit - Hotchkis Sway Bars
      Belltech Spindles - Kooks Headers - Magnaflow - Tuned With HP Tuners
      Go-Fast truck

Those are great, thank you. Love seeing the gals on behind the wheel. That's cool.

Thanks Bob^

Small update. Have a few other things in mind that I would like to get done. I'm relocating the battery to the passenger side with my new optima that I got for Christmas. (Issues with the current battery) Also moving the pcm into the old battery spot. Moving the battery will allow me to upgrade the wiring and clean it all up. The battery tray is ordered and I'm going to get the pcm bracket worked out this week. Going to start dropping the trans out so I can get the converter back to Circle D to have it re-stalled. Found a small leak on one of the transmission cooler lines so I am thinking about replacing them with AN lines while I have the transmission out. So, a lot of work left to do and never enough time to do it. We shall see how this goes.

Here's a few pictures so far.

New battery in it's new spot with custom 17mm socket mount

Not sure if there is a way to use the fender brace with the battery here but if I can I will make it work.

Old battery gone revealing the crusty battery tray. New one is also on it's way.

Pcm sitting in it's new home. Going to cut open and re-wrap some of the harness to clean it up.

And a general idea of where everything will live when it's all said and done.

The only thing I am not sure if is the fitting size of the cooler lines going into the radiator. I believe they were 5/8-18 inverted flare, just can't find the receipt on the line adapters I bought when I added my cooler.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      370 LQ9 - TR6060 - 4.10's - Centerforce Dual Friction - TruTrac - AFCO Coilovers - Flip Kit - Hotchkis Sway Bars
      Go-Fast truck

Love the truck! One of my favorite body styles. The retired Sheriff were I grew up drives one. Before that he drove a pretty hot C1500 flare side.
      97 c1500 Sierra, getting prepped for LS3 TR6060 swap!

Thanks. That's cool ^

It's a work in progress. Hopefully more coming in the next few weeks. Just trying to figure out a plan of attack.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Starting off the new year with something completely different....

Just kidding. More work on the truck

Trans is out. Torque converter is out, packaged up and on it's way back to Circle D for a re-stall.

Also started cleaning up the engine compartment. Getting rid of things that don't need to be there.

Driver's side. No more jump post/bracket

Got a bracket to re-mount the pcm. Found it on eBay. Just need to figure out come spacers that will hold it just above the factory battery box.

That's all for now.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Parts update. Had a few things show up this week:

battery Tray:

New Shifter:

Trans crossmember from Dirt track racer 81 (Tyler):

Got the battery tray mounted and the battery on it. Looks pretty good.

Going to be running AN lines for the trans cooler so I pulled the cooler out to make way for the replacement. Might end up using this cooler for power steering. Don't think it would be too big for that. Not sure if there are any down sides to it.

Trans cooler lines were not looking so hot...

Also flipped and trimmed the lower cross-brace on the hood latch support. Now I'll have room for both large coolers if I choose to run them.

That's all for now.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

steve'o man you do nice work and attention to detail is incredable. I installed that corvette rearend in my 94 it sat a little high for my liking and I didn't want to start chopping the frame up and find out later i still wasn't happy so I'm looking for another frame i can do a backhalf on and still keep my setup on current one till im ready to swap again... see you at pomona in march

Quote Originally Posted by RBEAST View Post
      steve'o man you do nice work and attention to detail is incredable. I installed that corvette rearend in my 94 it sat a little high for my liking and I didn't want to start chopping the frame up and find out later i still wasn't happy so I'm looking for another frame i can do a backhalf on and still keep my setup on current one till im ready to swap again... see you at pomona in march
      That's cool. Any pics of the new set up, or at least the plans? I'm sure a new frame wouldn't be too hard to find. even if you found a long bed frame you could just back-half it and keep everything from the cab forward. I'll be there in march. I'm going to try and get in another event or two to get used to the truck a little better.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Some more progress.

The new shifter is installed. I like the gate much more than the pro-ratchet. Plus it looks great.

Also got my new trans cooler and lines. Got the cooler mocked up in the same spot as the original one. Ended up not having to flip the lower brace to clear it.

Trans crossmember got a coat of paint

Just waiting for the converter to arrive and then it can get installed and finish mocking up the cooler lines.

Started measuring for the new battery cables. Going to order the cable if I can't find it locally. Once those are done and the PCM is re-mounted, just have a little wiring clean-up and she'll be ready to go.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Got my torque converter back from Circle D Specialties freshened-up and re-stalled. Excited to see how she works.

I would have started getting it installed but of course it decided to rain... Took that opportunity to pick up a few of the last pieces I need to get the truck back together. Got some battery cables and ends. Going to try and make as much progress on the truck this weekend as I can.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Looking good, I like that shifter....

Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
      Looking good, I like that shifter....
      Thanks. I really like it too. I like the gate batter than the ratchet. Really comfortable too.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Got the torque converter installed and the transmission back in. It's now sitting on the new crossmember and I finished getting the cooler mounted and plumbed. Just need to go get another piece of 1 ga. and some 4 ga. for the alternator charge wire and finish mounting the pcm and she'll be ready to rock and roll again.

Really like the AN fittings. Much cleaner and simpler than the factory lines. I assume they are worth about 10hp a piece. :jest:

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

She lives! Again.

Finished up the new battery cables, got the new dipstick in the transmission and got her fired up.

Continuing with the budget theme, Got a new flexible dipstick. Painted it black to match the other AN fittings.

Charging great with the upgraded wiring. Just need to top off the trans and give it a powerwash and scrub underneath. Just because I can. The steering rack leak is getting worse, that might be in the near future. RE-making my e-fan harness. My Blackbear one ate another relay. Making a new harness that is actually fused. Would live to do a 34" Rad and fans at the same time if I can.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

do you even drive your truck anymore lol seems like your always working on it, but it sure looks nice, are you going to be ready for hotchkis event at pomona in march on 12th and 13th

I just got her back down on the ground tonight. I don't daily drive it so that's how I can keep doing all of this haha. I'll be ready for it.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Finally got all of the loose ends taken care of this weekend.

Mounted the pcm with the bracket I picked up. ended up bolting it to the inner fender. Very sturdy and cleaner than my original plans.

Wired up a new fan harness with better relays. Picked up two new weatherpack relays and a new crimper and got the harness laid out and wired up. Then I got the fan harness and the rest of the pcm harness re-loomed and taped up.

Also for the stock battery cable end covers on. Just need a longer sidepost bolt to replace the regular bolt I was using. Just because I want to be picky.

Then I took the truck for a drive. The converter stall speed is exactly what I wanted. That along with the new shifter make engine braking much easier. Now I just need to make some shift point adjustments and she'll be ready to for the next auto-x weekend.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Got to take the truck out to a Speed Ventures Autocross day at Fontana yesterday. Had a great time. had time to dial in tire pressures and shock adjustment. Greatly improved as the day went on. Also got the Claudia out in her truck and even my boss and his Fiesta ST were out tearing it up.

Here's some pictures of the day:

And for the grand finale:

Helmet hair, don't care.

After Claudia beat my time. I re-set the faster time on the next run haha.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      Go-Fast truck

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com