Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Yes, I get that.

I was asking him to post pictures of what the car looks like when it is at driving ride height. Maybe the car isn't even running yet, so that's why no pictures...

Andrew
      This is the car at ride height

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 1739
Size:  226.3 KB

And this is it running

https://youtu.be/P3anBzXMkBk

Quote Originally Posted by LUV2XLR8 View Post
      Where are your exhaust outlets from??
      Those are some custom pieces we crafted up based on some offshore racing boat concepts

Country Flag: France
      Looks cool !
      I like the Japanese cars stretched and slammed drift looking...
      but why not a 2JZ-GTE or RB26DETT twin-turbo instead of an LSA ?
      Is it just a show car or will you drift with it ?
      Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Gil View Post
      Looks cool !
      I like the Japanese cars stretched and slammed drift looking...
      but why not a 2JZ-GTE or RB26DETT twin-turbo instead of an LSA ?
      Is it just a show car or will you drift with it ?
      Gil

Thanks Gil!

Actually, the car is being built by Pat Cyr from Cyrious GarageWorks who just one Formula Drift Canada's Driver of the year. He has a 2JZ equipped FRS putting down over 640hp to the wheels.

The concept for World War Z was always to build the 1970.5 ZL1 that GM never built and i got a really good deal on the LSA and 6L90 trans, which made the decision easy.

The car is a real Street Fighter and not a show car.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper View Post

The car is a real Street Fighter and not a show car.

S'right.. definitely a Streetfighter..with a stance twist

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Zapper
      And this is it running
      Andrew is right to be skeptical. That's no ride height, any more than the video is of it "running". Let's see it with the fender flares, and actually being used as a car. If not, and it's a show car, no problem here. It does look sweet, and it is great art.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj View Post
      Andrew is right to be skeptical. That's no ride height, any more than the video is of it "running". Let's see it with the fender flares, and actually being used as a car. If not, and it's a show car, no problem here. It does look sweet, and it is great art.

Skeptical?

Last time I checked this is a "PROJECTS" forum. Projects in all states and phases.

My car is 95% complete with just fender flares pending and some wiring.

Not sure why ride height on a full ridetech adjustable air ride suspension matters and would only classify it as a showcar? Ride Height can be anything i want it to be, which is why i picked the system to begin with.

Its built as a fully functioning street/track machine in its final phases.

Are all cars "show-cars" if you don't see it "being used as car" in a projects forum?

Sorry Zapper. Your car hasn't been seen as a project car because we haven't seen the project, as near as I can tell. My apologies if I've missed a build thread (which is very possible).

Mostly, this particular thread has been about "stance", with the car sitting at impossible to drive ride heights. A car being photographed outside at car shows that can't be driven in that form is a show car by definition.

Anyway, please keep us updated. Let's see those fender flares, and the car sitting at an actual ride height (say 2" of suspension compression, 4" of road clearance).
      John Parsons

Sorry Zapper. Your car hasn't been seen as a project car because we haven't seen the project, as near as I can tell. My apologies if I've missed a build thread (which is very possible).

Mostly, this particular thread has been about "stance", with the car sitting at impossible to drive ride heights. A car being photographed outside at car shows that can't be driven in that form is a show car by definition.

Anyway, please keep us updated. Let's see those fender flares, and the car sitting at an actual ride height (say 2" of suspension compression, 4" of road clearance).

John....just to be clear....just because you deem something impossible in your mind, does not mean someone has already engineered it to be possible. I appreciate your doubt as it's obviously pushed you out of your comfort zone, which is exactly why we built the car.

You understand that the car be raised 6" higher than its parked height with the ridetech system, right?

So if i air it up at full extension and drive it around is it still a "show-car"?

Not sure i'm comprehending your logic, as i am not running a static suspension set-up.

John....just to be clear....just because you deem something impossible in your mind, does not mean someone has already engineered it to be possible. I appreciate your doubt as it's obviously pushed you out of your comfort zone, which is exactly why we built the car.

You understand that the car be raised 6" higher than its parked height with the ridetech system, right?

So if i air it up at full extension and drive it around is it still a "show-car"?

Not sure i'm comprehending your logic, as i am not running a static suspension set-up.
      My point is that once you raise the ride height to a level where it is drivable, it won't look nearly as cool...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Maybe there is just some miscommunication here...

You are saying "This is the car at ride height" and then posting a picture that shows what looks like 1"-1.5" of clearance between the tire and the fender lip. This height isn't going to be functional unless it's running wooden blocks for suspension. Then you mention "the car be raised 6" higher than its parked height" ... which means that the pictures are in fact not showing ride height...they are showing parked height.

Either way, the car looks killer.

Zapper, your car is impossible to drive with 3/4" of suspension compression as shown in the photos. If you drive it like that you'll be cutting tires and wrinkling sheetmetal. No engineering in the world can fix the reality of what a 3500 lb car will do at .8g stops, starts, and turns.

I love well-engineered cars, and yours looks great. No one is asking to see how high the car can be. Give us some credit for actually understanding air springs and how they work.

I'd love to see the car at an actual ride height.
      John Parsons

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      My point is that once you raise the ride height to a level where it is drivable, it won't look nearly as cool...

Andrew
      Thats why you have to design the fender flares at both parked and ride height.

At parked height the tires will actually tuck up into the flare and the car will look even lower than the current pics.

At ride height, the fender flares will be the same distance from the tire as the current parked height.

I know it might be hard to envision, but we've mocked it up over the past 2 months to make sure it looks incredible at both heights.

If you take a look at the LibertyWalk 458/Aventador/GT-R they look great both dumped and at ride height.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon View Post
      Maybe there is just some miscommunication here...

You are saying "This is the car at ride height" and then posting a picture that shows what looks like 1"-1.5" of clearance between the tire and the fender lip. This height isn't going to be functional unless it's running wooden blocks for suspension. Then you mention "the car be raised 6" higher than its parked height" ... which means that the pictures are in fact not showing ride height...they are showing parked height.

Either way, the car looks killer.
      I think its just miscommunication....

The pic from the rear (and the video as well) is of ride height and the problem is you are estimating a 1-1.5" clearance when there is actually 2.5" of clearance.

I mentioned i could raise the car to 6 inches higher to make the point that this is not a show car and can be driven at any height i want.

The pic from the rear (and the video as well) is of ride height and the problem is you are estimating a 1-1.5" clearance when there is actually 2.5" of clearance.
      Nah, I'm not seeing that. Using parts of the car for scale, like the mirror height which I estimate to be 3", and say a regular 2.5" exhaust pipe relative to the scale of the car... I don't see the diameter of the tailpipe above either tire. You couldn't fit a VW peashooter over the rear tire. The front actually looks like 0.75-1.0" clearance to me.

Don't want to see like I'm just jumping in to beat up anyone, but we all just like to know the functionality of everything we see, we're all very mechanically minded. At that height, though it might be able to idle through the fairgrounds, it doesn't look like it'll take a turn over 3 mph, or a 2" bump without cutting the tire in half. Why does it need to go up 6 more inches if this is ride height?
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellshotrodsAZ View Post
      Nah, I'm not seeing that. Using parts of the car for scale, like the mirror height which I estimate to be 3", and say a regular 2.5" exhaust pipe relative to the scale of the car... I don't see the diameter of the tailpipe above either tire. You couldn't fit a VW peashooter over the rear tire. The front actually looks like 0.75-1.0" clearance to me.

Don't want to see like I'm just jumping in to beat up anyone, but we all just like to know the functionality of everything we see, we're all very mechanically minded. At that height, though it might be able to idle through the fairgrounds, it doesn't look like it'll take a turn over 3 mph, or a 2" bump without cutting the tire in half. Why does it need to go up 6 more inches if this is ride height?
      Your estimates are wrong. The tailpipe is 4"...now adjust your estimates

If you want to make judgements based on a pic you cant measure, then by all means go for it.

I think you guys are getting lost in multiple conversations.

My reference to raising it 6" was to state that ride height is completely adjustable, to what ever anyone wants it to be

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper
      Thats why you have to design the fender flares at both parked and ride height.
      What's the utility of having a "parked height"?
      John Parsons

Country Flag: France
      I think it's teeth-grinding because it's more a Drift looking slammed car with stance & stretched tires than a Pro-Touring car built to improve handling.
      But maybe I'm wrong... Either way it's a bada$$ car...
      Gil

Your estimates are wrong. The tailpipe is 4"...now adjust your estimates
      I'm not comparing it to the tailpipe on your car, I know the scale of a 2.5" tailpipe relative to the car. Okay. The Z28 emblem (I've had a few of them) on the fender is 2" tall (max) around the "Z". I don't even see that height fitting above the front tire... at all. It's more closely aligned to the ~1" "28" numbers. Not trying to start an argument, but we just want to see what height this can tackle an autocross or road course at, which is the primary thing that really matters on here. With the weight shift of that car on that suspension, there is no way it can make it through a course at that height.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil View Post
      I think it's teeth-grinding because it's more a Drift looking slammed car with stance & stretched tires than a Pro-Touring car built to improve handling.
      But maybe I'm wrong... Either way it's a bada$$ car...
      Gil
      Exactly what I'm getting at.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

What's the utility of having a "parked height"?
      It offers the same utility as height adjustable coil-overs, except in real time. It provides you ultimate adjustability.

ridetech and the 1000's of customers that use it, can confirm.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/suspension-packages/

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com