Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New self learning efi system

I saw this one at corvetteforum : http://fitechefi.com

Anyone seen or used one?

Not a fan of throttle body injection. Too much wetted surface and distribution issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie racing View Post
      I saw this one at corvetteforum : http://fitechefi.com

Anyone seen or used one?
      Interesting little surge tank.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Interesting little surge tank.

Don
      Edelbrock makes a tank like that now too
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Robnolimit installed one in his wifes car. Looks pretty good. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ght=robnolimit

I would like to hear more about it.

I cant believe that its about half the cost of any of the other systems. 1000 bucks for a self learning EFI setup capable of running a 600 hp mill seems pretty reasonable. Makes you wonder if they're cutting corners or if the markup on the other systems is just that high?
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nicks67GTO View Post
      I cant believe that its about half the cost of any of the other systems. 1000 bucks for a self learning EFI setup capable of running a 600 hp mill seems pretty reasonable. Makes you wonder if they're cutting corners or if the markup on the other systems is just that high?
      I was thinking the same thing, cutting corners, markup or maybe just better engineering. It appears all the electronics are self-contained in the throttle body and they talk about using stock GM injectors. In any case it looks interesting and certainly worth investigating further. Have they actually started shipping them yet?
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

New self learning efi system

Cool affordable tech .....if it works

This really looks interesting. Love the Fuel Command Center part, as no special or modified fuel tank is needed. Saves a lot of hassle.

Price is great but would love to hear from some more folks running this. It actually puts EFI into the reach of the average Joe.
      Mike Schwartz aka chevymike
      1955 Chevy 210 Wagon
      1965 Chevy C10 Panel Truck
      1972 Chevy El Camino

Quote Originally Posted by chevymike View Post

Price is great but would love to hear from some more folks running this. It actually puts EFI into the reach of the average Joe.
      I totally agree. Really intrested of baying one.

Ive installed one on a customers car. at first it ran poorly. then we figured out the customer 396 el camino was a 454! we changed the engine displacement in the computer and instantly ran great!
      2 mustangs that autocross locally run the fi tech efi and they both love it.
      it was crazy easy and fast to install. the hardest part is the fuel system. we used a spectra fuel injection conversion tank from rock auto, a corvette fuel filter and a droman fuel injection hose repair kit to make the lines. this fuel system ends up being just under $400.
      im going be recommending these systems at my shop to my customers.
      71 maverick.
      71 comet in build process.
      i work at Current Auto Performance www.currentautoperformance.com. i also build the differentials for San Diego Gear and Axle.

FWIW I started a thread on Performance Years Pontiac and there's a couple guys that are jumping on the system and are supposed to report back. I think one guy has the system in hand at this point. Here's the link

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=778424
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

So far only good rep from users.

My kit should be here next week. I went with the Go EFI 4 with their inline pump kit. I'll be adding a fuel injection baffled tank later this winter and placing the pump in-tank at that time.

I'll document the install and report back. It's going on a 455/#62 based engine. It's been encouraging to see that there's so far only great reviews of it's performance. Caren, Bryce and Ken have also been great to work with and have always been available to answer any questions I've had so far.

I bought this product for my 66 Fairlane with a 427 Ford small block. Three professional tuners have tried to make this system work properly for the last three months. When you call tech support you get different people who tell you different and contradicting information which does nothing but make it worse. This is easily the worst automotive product experience I've in 35 yrs of owning and building performance cars. After three months, I put a Holley Speed Demon 750 carb on today. It cranked and ran better with NO carb adjustments than this damn FI-Tech unit has in three months. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STAY AWAY FROM FI TECH!!!

I'll give you $100 for that piece of crap! Seriously, I've had one almost a year and I wouldn't change anything about it. Should've done it sooner in my opinion. Mine works great, a lot better than the Holley 750 double pumper that was on it. Nothing against Holley, it's just that the efi works better.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I heard there were some issues with the original fuel command center. Supposedly fixed with the Fuel command center 2.
      Which do you have?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com