Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

69 Camaro ignition switch

Need some help. I bought a factory tilt for the 69 Camaro. Problem is the new ignition switch broke. It has a push type switch for the ignition rod. My old one on the non tilt was a pull type switch. I don't know what car or year the column came out of. Can someone tell me what make and year the push style switch came on. Thanks

umm could you call the guys you got the column from

I would if I could remember who I bought it from. It was three years ago and don't have the guys info anymore. Thought of that. Just need to know if someone might have the answer on here

The push vs. pull ignition switches were a result of different packaging for the tilt vs. fixed columns. If you have a tilt column, just get a switch for a tilt column. The parts store can cross reference years for assurance, but these switches stayed the same for many, many years.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Thanks for the help

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com