Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

ridetech 4link install 1969 camaro

Installing ridetech 4 link in my 69 camaro and can't seem to center the reared within the wheel well. To get it to center the pinion angle is up 3 degrees. I am trying to have pinion angle down 2-3. I am including a picture with pinion at 0 and not centered in the wheel well. I have the poly bushing for the lower link and wondering if should go to heim link to adjust the length to help centering. As i am taking a break i was thinking a shim at lower axle mount could help with pinion angle
      any thoughts? I would appreciate help if others have gone through this

http://[img]https://static1.pt-conte....jpg[/img]
      T
      1969 Camaro rs
      ls3 427

I have the same problem with my 68.
      I called ridetech and they said it's normal. I looked at a bunch of pics online at cars with the ridetech 4 link and most are that way.
      I don't notice it anymore and it doesn't hurt the performance, from what I can tell.
      I tried to center mine but realized it would be a real pain in the ass.
      Here's a pic. Rear wheels are 18x10 with 275-40/18. Just to give you an idea what you're looking at.

Name:  IMG_1461.jpg
Views: 1966
Size:  261.3 KB

Not sure why you want the pinion down but I used pinion shims to center the wheels with my G-Bar. Don't get too carried away though because they will also lower the ride height and throw off your shock travel centering.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

my engine is 3degrees down so I was thinking to keep drivetrain angle good to avoid vibration the axle should be 0-3 degrees down. Is that correct thinking?
      1969 Camaro rs
      ls3 427

ridetech 4link install 1969 camaro

Nope.. Your pinion needs to be opposite aka parallel with your trans output shaft. So up is correct.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

not the end all be all but the graphic will help

I see now, thank you. I wasn't thinking right. Thought adjusting angle down allowed for pinion to come up when accelerating and then parallel.
      1969 Camaro rs
      ls3 427

Quote Originally Posted by sean69cam View Post
      Thought adjusting angle down allowed for pinion to come up when accelerating and then parallel.
      That is correct. When you are on the gas the pinion rises a few degrees. How much varies based on suspension type, horsepower, and other factors. If your engine is down 3 degrees then you would set the pinion at 2-3 degrees down FROM PARALLEL. Parallel is 3 up. Therefore, the pinion should measure 0-1 degree up when the car is sitting static.

That will allow the u-joints to be come into phase and reduce driveline vibration and parasitic drag.
      Carl Ogren - Sales and Tech

Email us to get your Chassisworks/TCP Equipped vehicle featured on Facebook!
      Chris Alston's Chassisworks - Phone: 888.388.0297 ext 247

Chassisworks - TCP - Varishock - Component Drive Systems - KP Components

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com