Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Fast Ez efi - Starts then dies

I just recently finished up the installation of the multiport kit on my car.

Ford 302
      0.030 over
      9.5:1

After figuring out that I wired the distributor plugs clockwise instead of counter clockwise the car fired up for a couple seconds then died.

The fuel pump primes and I'm getting roughly 50psi at the regulator.

It doesn't hold pressure at all, it drops to 0 as soon as it shuts off off, no leaks that I can find.

Everything in the fuel system is brand spanking new. Does the system need to be purged or bled?

When the motor shuts off the pump spins for a second.

I only put a couple gallons in the tank before starting it.

I'll check the tps and see if it's in spec.

Any other ideas or things I should look out for?

I ran the setup and reset all parameters to default. Making changes to the injection type.

Country Flag: United States

Fast Ez efi - Starts then dies

Assuming you still have fuel pressure when it dies, look at your after start enrichment values and try adding some fuel.

(That said, my experience is with Holley EFI, not FAST - but most of these systems are very similar so there is likely a parallel.)

No fuel pressure when it dies. Has enough to fire but that's it.

I'll pull the main feed line and turn the pump on to see how much fuel is coming out.

The old man poured some gas down the throttle body and it ran no problem.

put some gas in the tank. Unless you are not ready to drive it.

If you are not ready to drive it wait until you are ready.

Tank has a couple gallons in it already, I read somewhere I should put enough to fully submerge the pump. It's a aeromotive stealth tank.

I would definitely put more then a couple of gallons in it.

Got it sorted out,

Added a few more gallons to the tank, reset the fuel pressure regulator to 43 instead of 53 and corrected the settings on the handheld for fuel.

Fires right up, just need to button a few things up then I can let get up to operating temp.

Having a new issue with it.

The motor ran fine when it was carbureted, now the last 2 cylinders 4 & 8 are running super lean! within 15-20 seconds of firing up the header's start to discolor. Looking for a vaccum leak but haven't found any nor I can run it long enough to try and find.

The feed line from the tank runs into the drivers side rail at the fire wall, then crosses over at the front to the passenger side rail, then to the regulator. It is a return system.

Is this a dual plan intake?
      I assume you can see the gas coming in for all 4 ventures? I seen the video and for the FI is looks to inject gas above the blades.

Sounds like your on the right track with a vacuum leak.
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

Its a multiport injection kit. The injectors are in the runners. It's weird that only the rear cylinder on each bank is leaning out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spork82 View Post
      Its a multiport injection kit. The injectors are in the runners. It's weird that only the rear cylinder on each bank is leaning out.
      As I understand it, glowing headers are a result of gas actually igniting in the header pipe. Have you checked the timing? Retarded timing will do that, but I can't account for the fact that only the rear cylinders are doing it. Does your cam have a lot of overlap?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I'll check the timing again, the cam has been in this motor since I bought the car in '97. I have no idea what the spec's are. Only things I changed was the manifold, efi and distributor. It ran before that. I'll pull the plugs and check the timing. The fast ez efi is a batch fire system if I remember correctly? I wonder if the rear injector plugs are switched, there was no labeling on the harness when I bought the system (It was used)

Quote Originally Posted by Spork82 View Post
      I'll check the timing again, the cam has been in this motor since I bought the car in '97. I have no idea what the spec's are. Only things I changed was the manifold, efi and distributor. It ran before that. I'll pull the plugs and check the timing. The fast ez efi is a batch fire system if I remember correctly? I wonder if the rear injector plugs are switched, there was no labeling on the harness when I bought the system (It was used)
      As I recall, batch fires the injectors left and right bank...injectors are generally triggered with a ground signal. double check that those cylinders don't have a wire grounded, which will cause the injector to stay open. The plugs should tell you a good story.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com