Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

So removed the throttle rods and went throttle cable today in my 66 Chevelle

Just a 396BB with a muncie 4spd.

I didn't like the attachment or non attachment of my pedal and the rod, so did some research and found the 6 cyl Camaro pedal assembly bolted right in and bought a Lokar throttle cable and bracket. At first I figured I had to adjust it because the end of the Lokar was not going to work with the 6 cylinder pedal as it sat, so I bent the end of the throttle assembly so that it would work. Installed everything and think I have it adjusted, but I'm not sure I can go 100% throttle, seems that I may be a tad shy 95% or so, I think the throttle pedal assembly needs to be bent a tad more towards the driver to get me a bit more pedal.

Also some fun times, I took a ferrule off the throttle line before I cut it, that's just dumb, slide it all the way back before you cut it I figured I had put a nice piece of heat shrink there, that with a good cutting wheel I would be fine (I was not and spent enough time trying to remedy my mistake (I did, only to then think I ended up cutting the cable too short (I hadn't, but only because there was an additional piece that connected to the bracket before the ferrule) (so luck was with me!)..

But the pedal is fully connected to everything and it's slightly higher from the floor which is nice. But I have another reason to get my floor replace, I've got 2 throttle holes that I need to fix as well. (I'm ready to get my floor done, but lacking a partner!

Tory

Attached Images Attached Images      

Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com