Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Just logged in, and read all of this. With cams such as yours, and less than 12" of vacuum, I highly suggest tuning the idle area manually (open loop). Tune it until you get peak vacuum (lowest KPA value). If you ever have issues, we do remote tuning, as well as technical support.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek@ModernSpeed View Post
      Just logged in, and read all of this. With cams such as yours, and less than 12" of vacuum, I highly suggest tuning the idle area manually (open loop). Tune it until you get peak vacuum (lowest KPA value). If you ever have issues, we do remote tuning, as well as technical support.
      Great!
      http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-16795 can I control this with my Holley HP. I want to send coolant temps to it instead of using the probe. Can it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek@ModernSpeed View Post
      as well as technical support.
      sent pm

Quote Originally Posted by TBART70 View Post
      Great!
      http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-16795 can I control this with my Holley HP. I want to send coolant temps to it instead of using the probe. Can it be done?
      You don't need that. The HP has a user definable pwm- output. All you need is a C6 Corvette fan controller. There are wiring details in my Cougar thread, and here is a video of how awesome it works.

I am using a Dominator, but the HP will work just as well.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Watched that this morning. I saw that and looked in the HP set up. Found the P- but could not find the pwm set up. I might cancel the De.e and get the Corvette,

Watched that this morning. I saw that and looked in the HP set up. Found the P- but could not find the pwm set up. I might cancel the De.e and get the Corvette,
      You have to create an output and assign it to an appropriate pin. You also need to get the 558-400 harness which plugs into the I/O harness on the main HP harness.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

No vacuum leak. Idle is at 1100 requsting 950.
      One problem I had with my TB using an HP EFI was that the secondaries would not always close all the way. I was having similar idle control problems, and was also going round and round with trying to get the ECU's dashpot function tuned when I discovered the problem. I quickly fabbed up a bracket and put a extern return spring on the secondaries...problem solved. Idles great and consistently comes off rev without dying.

Maybe something to check next time you're idle tuning.

Finally took for a ride. Got the fans working perfectly. Fires up and idles but won't fast idle until about a minute and still can't get idle down below 1057 even with it commanded to 900. I need some info on the inductive delay number, I have it set at 1usec. I was told by a tuner that was wrong. I am going to have remote tuning done at some point, but I still need to get out some bugs in the car. What should the inductive delay be set at or how do I go about figuring out what number.

thanks
      -Tom

I have not started my Holly HP EFI. I searched for 45/60 min looking for start timing setting. I called Holly. He told me 10 degrees to start. Also have the distributor set on edge of the, not directly on cylinder. run the motor up to 2000 rpm and set timing to the reading on the computer timing setting and set it with a timing lite and be sure timing lite advance is set on zero. I ask him where he found that info and he said he had a email that gave that setting but he was sure it was in the instructions somewhere. Also go to the Holly tech at Holly.com and read those instructions as there is some differences in the instructions compared to what is on the HP EFI disc.

Took it out for a couple of rides, car ran OK except for when I came to a slow turn it stalls out. The iac is not catching it. No matter where I put the throttle blade I cannot get the iac to cooperate. It is either 0 or 100 hot idle when I mess with it. If I bring idle down as soon as the fans turn on the car starts to slowly stall. I now have the timing up to 30* for idle it made a difference in the smoothness of the idle. I also set the fuel at idle to the same numbers in the base table around where the computer shows it at idle. I did a tps reset every time. Should I be trying to use the custom iac settings, the instructions say not to mess with it if you do not know what you are doing...

Thanks again for the help.

What throttle body and, more specifically, IAC motor are you using? (I looked back but didn't see that info).
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

like this

Had to pull engine due to oil pressure issue. Will be back in soon and back at driving and tuning.

Just a couple of thoughts, my engine idles at 60kpa and the holley figured it out after some time no problem, i had to manually tune it a little to get it in the ballpark and change the resolution in that area a little.
      Next... there is a guy on yellow bullet that goes by 2Stroke that does remote tuning for free and he has helped many people over there, if he helps you, you can make a donation if you want but not required. All you need is team viewer on your laptop. Team viewer works great for remote tuning, i have used it to help friends but I travel non-stop for work and just do not have time anymore.
      Tom

Thanks for the info. Last time I drove it it was pretty good. Still having issue with high idle. If I set it to low it stalls the iac won't catch it. We will see after a new pump goes in. The Morel lifters were bleeding down from lack of oil pressure. I think it will run better after that issue is resolved.

Big cams are easier to tune using Alpha-N for idle and then switch to Speed Density. You'll see the combo selection on the setup screen. The fact you have a dyno sheet puts you way ahead of the game. Use your BSFC numbers converted to make your WOT fuel table. If you have those numbers for no load idle from the dyno, that will help setting that table as well.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

The Edelbrock Pro Flo XT uses a pwm IAC, are you sure it's wired correctly into the HP ECU with the appropriate pin-outs?

John

Quote Originally Posted by TD509EFI View Post
      The Edelbrock Pro Flo XT uses a pwm IAC, are you sure it's wired correctly into the HP ECU with the appropriate pin-outs?

John
      Actually no. The harness was plug and play from the computer to throttle body. The TPS and IAC . I didn't check the details. My fault.

Thanks I will check them.

Quote Originally Posted by TD509EFI View Post

John
      John,

Are you sure about that? Looking at the picture it looks like a LS1 80mm throttle body that edelbrock makes. Which would make it non PWM idle control.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com