Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pypes exhaust dse quadralink tailpipe kit

Pypes Exhaust is about to release mandrel bent 3" tail pipes that fit 2nd generation Firebirds and Camaros with the DSE Quadralink rear suspension. They plan to offer them as a complete system with x-pipe and mufflers or the tailpipes separately. I have done all the test fitting with the prototypes and production pieces and they fit great. These are going to be a great solution for you guys trying to fabricate exhaust. You can contact them directly for more information and pricing. The part number is TGF15.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Pypes exhaust dse quadralink tailpipe kit

Do they make this for 1st gen, 68 Camaro?

Country Flag: United States
      nice work dave!!
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

The 70 Nova kit works with the 1st gen quad link . You have to chop the tail pipes and adjust to clear. But they do work.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick View Post
      The 70 Nova kit works with the 1st gen quad link . You have to chop the tail pipes and adjust to clear. But they do work.
      how much work was involved with "adjusting" the rears to work?

Pretty awesome,pm sent for more details
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Does anyone have a phone number for Pypes??
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Called Pypes, nobody there knew any details. Does anyone have contact for Dave@RACEWARE
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

800-421-3890 is the number for Pypes. The tail pipe part number is TGF15 I think. I'm not sure they have a part number for the complete system but it uses their standard offset/center muffler and their standard tunnel x-pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave@RACEWARE View Post
      800-421-3890 is the number for Pypes. The tail pipe part number is TGF15 I think. I'm not sure they have a part number for the complete system but it uses their standard offset/center muffler and their standard tunnel x-pipe.

Dave!!! I got a hold of pypes, but what did you do for the v-band collector?? Is there one already made??
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

This is awesome. Buying now!

Btw, if anyone is interested it $875.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

$875 for the entire system right? collectors to tail pipes? stainless steel or what? I used the musclemaxx system by dynatech. modified the tailpipes to clear

Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      $875 for the entire system right? collectors to tail pipes? stainless steel or what? I used the musclemaxx system by dynatech. modified the tailpipes to clear
      Due to the variation of different brand headers and engine combinations the system runs from the cross member back, collector reducers are optional. For those of you not familiar with Pypes all their products are stainless steel, mandrel bent and fully TIG welded where needed. I know pricing has not been released to their dealers yet but maybe I can get Dave on to clarify.

Hi Guys, Dave has done a great job of providing accurate information about our new kit. It's available in several configurations and I encourage you to call our customer service team to get the details. And yes there are plans for a first Gen kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pypes Dave View Post
      Hi Guys, Dave has done a great job of providing accurate information about our new kit. It's available in several configurations and I encourage you to call our customer service team to get the details. And yes there are plans for a first Gen kit.
      FWIW, I did call in...the two folks I talked to knew very little. The first guy I talked to said it was a cat back system....didn't know my 70 Camaro had a dual exhaust with Cats fom the factory.....

What I really don't understand, the kit was obviously designed for the DSE quadra link and the kit is obviously installed on a car with the DSE frame with DSE headers yet Pypes offers no support for the v-band collectors like they do for all the other header types. Can we get a set of collectors like the ones installed on the test car?

1970 Camaro/DSE build

TTT, is this available to dealers yet?
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

if you can weld its not that hard to modify exhaust tailpipes. I used the dynatech muscle maxx stainless steel exhaust. I cut the rear tail pipes into 3 sections and reclocked them. Fits like a glove. After that i wanted to make sure they were removable so i cut the runner from the muffler to the quadralink and installed a V band clamp from summit. Summits V band clamps are highly recommended. They have a male and female end to lock together and create a solid seal

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      TTT, is this available to dealers yet?
      No it is not available to our dealers just yet. For fear of breaking any forum rules I don't want to get into selling but we do have inventory and are offering deals for people who call in.

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      FWIW, I did call in...the two folks I talked to knew very little. The first guy I talked to said it was a cat back system....didn't know my 70 Camaro had a dual exhaust with Cats fom the factory.....

What I really don't understand, the kit was obviously designed for the DSE quadra link and the kit is obviously installed on a car with the DSE frame with DSE headers yet Pypes offers no support for the v-band collectors like they do for all the other header types. Can we get a set of collectors like the ones installed on the test car?
      My apologies for that the systems are brand new and all our staff is not up to speed on them just yet. To better answer your second question. All Pypes systems are transmission cross member back to account for different powertrains and header/manifold configurations. It would be impossible for us to provide solutions for every variation. This car happened to be a LS swap with DSE headers so a custom collector was fabricated to account for the collector angle. The same situation would of occurred if the car was a big block with long tubes or a small block with shorty headers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com