Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Modified trans tunnel - what do I do for carpet?

Stock carpet won't fit. This is for my 67 Shelby clone. Raised the trans tunnel about 1.75". How do I get carpet to fit like the pre-molded carpet? Where do I get it? I like the plush modern type. Ideas? Thanks

They sell cut-pile carpet backless. It can be stretched. You will need to glue down to keep shape. Not quite as durable as others, but it works.
      This is the build thread for my car
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Beak-Job-quot

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodneb View Post
      They sell cut-pile carpet backless. It can be stretched. You will need to glue down to keep shape. Not quite as durable as others, but it works.
      Thank you. I have to image a lot of people go this route unless I'm missing something. Once you modify the trans tunnel all bets are off with pre-molded carpet made for stock conditions…. Customization = never ending!

Quote Originally Posted by chatas1 View Post
      Thank you. I have to image a lot of people go this route unless I'm missing something. Once you modify the trans tunnel all bets are off with pre-molded carpet made for stock conditions…. Customization = never ending!
      I will be facing the same issue. seems like the repro carpets come with a bit of excess that needs to be trimmed at the rocker panels (at least I know this to be the case on the 69-70 mustangs). I was considering cutting and sewing as needed. but my tunnel is only a little higher around the trans so I should be able to add in some pie shaped pieces. if you have changed your entire tunnel, you may not have enough excess.

I haven't gotten that far yet, so it may not work at all, but good luck.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com