Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

LQ4 + TKO600 + longtube headers = throwout bearing question...

I have 71 camaro with an LQ4, TKO600 (quicktime bell) and dynatech headers... Has anyone used Zbar or has everyone just converted to hydraulic... id like to use mechanical but nothing really fits and will need a lot of fab work... any input will help... thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by project87ss View Post
      I have 71 camaro with an LQ4, TKO600 (quicktime bell) and dynatech headers... Has anyone used Zbar or has everyone just converted to hydraulic... id like to use mechanical but nothing really fits and will need a lot of fab work... any input will help... thanks...
      There are numerous nicely engineered hydraulic set-ups for this. I recently had a great experience with a kit from Modern Driveline. This was for my Cougar, but they also make a kit for 2nd gen f-bodies:

http://moderndriveline.com/catalog/chevy-hydraulics.htm

They use the new Tilton 6000 series bearing, which is also a very nice piece.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

that is a nice looking kit!

I have a 66 Lemans with a BBC and a Lakewood bellhousing and a muncie 4 speed. I have a z-bar set up in it. I am now putting a TKO600 using the same bellhousing set up.The clutch is the same except for the splines on the clutch disc of course. The quicktime bellhousing is a little different than tthe Lakewood but should not be a problem. I am now putting a hydraulic American Power Train hydraulic unit in it. I have pins and fused bones in my ankle[ 69 years old] so I want to try to make the petal psi lighter. I would not recommend a American Power Train unit tho. It is a universal unit masquerading as a direct fit. A pair of 2 by 3 plates squeezing the firewall in between is not cool in my opinion. Especially when the clutch hole is almost that size. Also there is no rubber seal at the firewall. The only rubber seal is at the end of the hyd cylinder. Look at their picture and you will see what I am talking about. No schematics or template for where to put it thru firewall so you have to guess and reguess

I forgot to say that I have 2 1/8 hooker comp long tube headers. Every thing was tight but still could adjust the clutch.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com