Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Would anyone be interested in trading bodies or buying mine? Modified '69 camaro

Hey guys.

I haven't put it for sale yet, and figured I'd post here first to see what you all thought first.
      I have a '69 camaro with quite a few manhours in the body. Changes include: Fully molded rear bumper and recessed plate area, shaved drip rails, smoothed firewall (new panel welded in), whole trunk section modified to fit fuel cell/battery (I have a new RCI 19gal for it, and can install it if you want to see pictures), smooth floor front to back, big transmission tunnel welded in that you could run about anything in.

All the sheetmetal is straight and rust free. I also have new mini tubs and a full trunk sheet metal section I bought before I decided maybe it shouldn't be changed after this far from what it was.

I know I'm going a step in the complete opposite direction, so hate to redo what's already been done to get it to this point. I'd like to go with more of a factory body on the chassis I have. I'm looking to buy (or work out some kind of trade for) a straight rust free 69 camaro shell. Mini tubs are fine as I'm going to run 335s.

I'm about an hour south of St. Louis, MO.

What do you guys even think I should do here?

Thank you in advance!

I can send additional photos of whatever if needed.

Attached Images Attached Images                

I'm interested in this, let me know if you want to try to work something out, I can keep my drivetrain.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ale?highlight=

I pieced through what I have available:

Body
      Molded in rear bumper
      Smoothed firewall, full new steel plate not a thin filler plate.
      New dash new doors new rockers and the quarters were done not too far back. Body shop said whoever did them did a good job.
      Full new smooth floor sheet metal
      Full made transmission tunnel
      Full new trunk section - flat floor with fuel cell pocket recessed in, battery /storage compartment hand made and lid
      Trunk hinges are in it. Door hinges bolted up also
      Shaved drip rails
      Welded and smoothed rear filler panel seams

I may have trim, speaker covers, door latches, whatever my buddies doesn't have

New goodmark 2" Cowl hood
      Good trunk lid
      I believe new front fenders
      Inner wheel wells
      I also believe the front nose piece, vent Cowl, and lower front steel piece by fog lights are also new.
      Core support
      Front glass
      Taillights

New in box full trunk section in weld through primer, cut for mini tubs
      New mini tubs

The other clip I have is that, a full front clip. Rad support, inner and outer fenders, grille, lights, headlights, braces etc.

The rear end is a 61" flange to flange I believe winters aluminum 9" rear end. Never had a third member bolted to it or oil in it. It's a full floater rear end. I have the coleman aluminum drive flanges for it too.

The fuel cell is a RCI 19gal aluminum, never had fuel in it. The trunk was sized around this cell.

Tb is a FAST 102 mm cable driven with TPS. Still in shrink wrap in the FAST plastic briefcase they send them in.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com