Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Rear end length for mini tubbed firebird

I'm getting ready to order wheels and a rear end and I'm trying to figure out what rear end length to go with. I'm thinking 56 from hub to hub but not sure how much lip on the wheels I would get. Any suggestions or pictures?

thanks
      jesse
      1969 Camaro under construction.
      1967 firebird. 6.0/t56. Ridetech stage 2. Moser 9 inch. Forgeline wheels.(SOLD)

Country Flag: United States
      dse is 54.75" and you know exactly what wheel specs to do off of then.

You can look at my build

Mine is 56" axle flange to axle flange. Rear wheel is 12" wide w 6" backspace. This is on a 69; there is a little less room in the wheelwell in 67/68. You can always get the wheels first, then mock them up in the wheelwells w tires, positioned for maximum clearance. Then measure the distance between the mounting hubs. Dont forget to allow for rotor thickness as well.

My rear end is 57" WMS to WMS with 18x12 wheels 5.6"bs. I would also recommend buying the wheels you want first and mocking them up under the car to measure the exact rear width you need. Be aware that as you go narrower with the rear end the brake caliper clearance to the body can become an issue.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

I wasn't planning on having a custom rear end built because it's a bit more than I want to spend at 2400 bucks and I found 9 inch rears at speedway motors for 650 without third member for 650 and 700 for third member but they come in either 54 inch, 56 or 60. I Think 56 would probably be good but part of me wants to go 54 but not sure if that's too narrow.

1969 Camaro under construction.
      1967 firebird. 6.0/t56. Ridetech stage 2. Moser 9 inch. Forgeline wheels.(SOLD)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com