Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Wheel Brands on a Moderate Budget

I've been combing over threads here for a while, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for mesh-style PT wheels that are functional but also stylish for my 1972 Nova build. I am stuck between two price ranges that I would like to find a happy medium. I love Boze, Budnik and Rushforth wheels, but am not quite convinced on the almost $3000 price point they require. I've been looking for similar styled wheels and found TSW, Niche and other similar brands, but recognize that they are of lesser quality. But I like that an entire set can cost less than a grand. I really want to find good quality, trusted brands that will put me somewhere in between on the price ranges. Anyone have any suggestions?

I looked pretty long and hard at Forgestar.
      Stephen

Thanks Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      I looked pretty long and hard at Forgestar.
      I've looked at them too, and like the look of them! I currently don't plan on tubbing my nova and because of that, I don't want to go any bigger than 18" wheels. Forgestar only offers 19" and higher.

May not be the exact style you are looking for but Weld RT-S wheels are American made forged wheels at a reasonable price point.

http://weldwheels.com/shop/street-st...4/rts-18-inch/
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      May not be the exact style you are looking for but Weld RT-S wheels are American made forged wheels at a reasonable price point.
      I do like some of their styles, especially the S77. The problem is that they are priced at the same level as some more high end brands like the ones I mentioned in the original post. At 600 something a piece I would rather go to a company like Budnik or Boze which will do everything custom for my build. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Forgestar does sell the F14 in 17" and 18" but I have seen some reviews of the company and I'm a little concerned.

Check out Bonspeed. They have some real nice wheels.
      You can PM bonspeedbrad. He's quick to respond and will answer any questions you have.
      As soon as I can I'm ordering a set from them.

Country Flag: Norway
      You might wanna check out this post in the feedback section if you're thinking about Bonspeed wheels.

Link: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ou-expect-this

I know there are guys that are happy with their wheels from them, and others that aren't. That's the definition of a hit or miss company. In case you decide to og with them make sure you stay inside PayPal's 40day chargeback limit. I was too patient with them, money gone, no resolution.

Just a heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
      You might wanna check out this post in the feedback section if you're thinking about Bonspeed wheels.

Link: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ou-expect-this

I know there are guys that are happy with their wheels from them, and others that aren't. That's the definition of a hit or miss company. In case you decide to og with them make sure you stay inside PayPal's 40day chargeback limit. I was too patient with them, money gone, no resolution.

Just a heads up!
      Thanks for the heads up. I doubt I will. Right now I'm looking at the American racing custom shop. They are a good price and I figure they're reliable because I know people have been using them for years. They do a modern version of the classic torq thrust with all custom finishes.

A couple more you might look at are:

ET Mags
      http://www.etmags.com/index.html

US Mags
      http://us-mags.com/
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

We have all our wheel prices posted on our website. We would be happy to help you out With a set of Budnik or several other options we offer. Not sure what size your looking for but I sure we can get you in a set of wheels with in your Budget.
      Thanks Tanner

www.paradise-road.com
      Last edited by PRRC; 06-16-2015 at 04:11 AM.

Country Flag: Canada
      I just picked up a set of Centerline Lazer billet wheels.The rears were re-stocks after an order fell through so they had them already assembled. 9.5' X 18s but they had to assemble the front 8 X 18s.All totaled it was 1500$ U.S. shipped to Washington State.Really happy with the welds and finish as well as being 24lbs per wheel.Maybe they have something you're looking for...
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Pratt View Post
      I just picked up a set of Centerline Lazer billet wheels.The rears were re-stocks after an order fell through so they had them already assembled. 9.5' X 18s but they had to assemble the front 8 X 18s.All totaled it was 1500$ U.S. shipped to Washington State.Really happy with the welds and finish as well as being 24lbs per wheel.Maybe they have something you're looking for...
      Looks good!

Like you, I really wanted a nice set of wheels for my 1966 Chevelle. I have decided on 20"/19" TSW Bristol wheels. Maybe someday I will be able to afford a set of the wheels mentioned above but for my current budget I think these will work just fine. Good luck with your search!

Maybe not the style you are looking for but Vintage Wheel Works were very affordable when I was looking. $350-450 a wheel.

Nathan Shaw
      71 Nova, 1000+whp 5.3, 8 second autoXer.

The VWW on Nathan's Nova are a very good look! OP I think you should be more specific with what exactly your "moderate" budget is for wheels.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      The VWW on Nathan's Nova are a very good look! OP I think you should be more specific with what exactly your "moderate" budget is for wheels.
      I want to spend 500 or less per wheel

XXR and Boss make decent, budget friendly wheels.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by neltner_nova View Post
      I want to spend 500 or less per wheel
      Personally in that range I would run 17" like the mini-lites on the Nathan's Nova. The Nova wheel opening is small enough where that size will fill it nicely.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast