Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Just Finished our 69 camera stereo system!

Hey guys. Just finished up this in my dads 69 camaro. Slowly but surely getting it to a show worthy level i think. This is a convertible so the trunk is a little different than the hard tops. Next up is starting to build my 67. But anyways this is my day job so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I can't help much in the suspension and motor sections as I've always been more into audio fabrication and interiors so figured i would post and help out in this section .

I built custom kick panels that house Rockford Fosgate T2 components. I cheated a little and used the factory style kicks and just added on to them. I built a subwoofer box that house two T0 Rockford Fosgate 10" subs. i also built the false floor to level the trunk out, and ovbiously all the trim panels to clean the trunk up as well. Sounds awesome and its plenty loud, but the best part was no cutting of the car!

Theres still some things i need to finish and redo. Finished this up about midnight the night before we headed to a carshow 6 hours away. Just some trim panel work and then i will most likely be putting the amp under the false floor with some cooling fans, possibly adding plexi to the floor so it looks through to the amp but not positive yet. Next will most likely be a new console and then door panels. But until then enjoy! and let me know what you think.

Attached Images Attached Images                                

No idea why it double posted the pictures but i can fix it so i hope its okay!

I like the kick panels. How does the base sound with top down? Seems like you would want to send through seat? I am about to do my 69 vert so thanks for sharing. Is that box ported?

Looks great! I really like the trunk - nice and clean. Did you create the trunk panels yourself? Do you have patterns for the trunk panels?
      1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Thanks for the replies. The bass is plenty loud, without firing it through the seat. If it had the rear deck i would have fired it through the rear deck but since its the rag top i didn't have that choice. The box is sealed, it is about 2.2 cu ft. Didn't have enough room to do the 2 subs in a ported box so i just stuck with a sealed box.

The trim panels i made myself. I looked everywhere online and all the pre made kits said they did not work with the convertible, so I'm not sure what is so different between a hard top and convertible. Ill look and see if i wrote down the sizes of the panels.

what is on the surface of the kick panels?

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

SEM Texture coat. Could have sanded it down some to make it not so rough, but I was in a rush to get the car finished up. so I just left it.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com