Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Corbeau A1 Shaved - 67 Firebird

OK people, someone put my mind at ease. I just spent $1600US on a pair of fully leather Corbeau A1's with the 1" Shaved base. I also picked up the 67 firebird double locking slider mounts. How are these going to work in my 67 Firebird.

I mean I am probably just freaking out, but what do you think about taking the extra 1" off? As is right now in the stock seats, my head basically rubs off the roof. Figured I could use the extra inch. Anyone running these seats?
      Jake.

Well, Since no one was replying I took matters into my own hands and upgraded last minute to the leather CR1's from Corbeau. They are a little bit low, and a little bit wider. Found the A4's to look too "ricer" so hopefully these CR1's are a good fit. Two week backorder!!!

Anyone who has Corbeau seats, do you have lumbar support? I just figured $150 for a ziplock back with a hand pump stuffed in your seat. That's a ripoff.

Country Flag: United States
      Please give some follow up. I am looking at corbeau and i need all the head room I can get.
      Stephen

Hey guys - I have the A4 wide with driver side shaved only, so I can give you a very fair comparison between the two.

Yes, the driver's shaved seat it noticeably lower, and since only the base foam is shaved, you actually sit a little "deeper" in between the thigh bolstering as well. I'm 6'5" and glad I purchases the shaved driver seat. I also have lumbar on driver side only, for the extra $50 or so, it was worth it.

Side note: Corbeau and the vendor I bought them from claimed that shaving the base makes no noticeable difference in the comfort of the seat. They are full of crap. The instant I sat in each seat after I unpacked them in my living room, I could tell a difference. I of course confirmed by sitting in each seat in the car, and I had a couple friends test out both seats as well. The driver seat base feels more "dense" since there is less foam and your ass feels the webbing more. The passenger seat is just more comfy. The few short trips I've taken in the car since I've installed them, I can't complain about the shaved base option, but the Power Tour next weekend will be the true test.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Well, the seats came home yesterday and I was ecstatic. Ran home, whipped them out, put them on the ground for a test fit... Way to small! I am 6'3", 210lbs. I have a 34" waste, and these seats "fit up to a 36" waste." My waist was fine, but my shoulders and legs were honestly jammed into the seat. Very uncomfortable. As Brett from ridetech said, " get a seat you can sit in, not on." I called Corbeau this morning, customer service was great. They are taking the seats back (I have to ship them) and I am now upgrading to the vx2000's in black leather. See photo below. STOKED, can't wait for these ones. Hopefully my big ass can fit!Name:  VX2000-L20001-F-XL.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  73.6 KB

Still following along. 6'4" 215 with a 36 inch waist. So, what works for you should give me some direction

Stephen

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com