Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1967 suspension. Confused and need help .

Hey guys, hope you can be patient with me as i am new to all this. Just picked up a 67 camaro. Subframe and all the front end is stock. Rear end is a Ford 9" with minutes, traction bars, and 4;56 Richmond gears (previous owner did all that).

Anyways i am wanting to start from the ground up so i want to get the suspension squared away before i move on to the next item. I am wanting to do a new subframe, i have been looking around but not sure what to go with. I won't be racing it or anything, just a street car that may one day see a track if i ever move closer to one. But for the most part i just want something that is almost like driving a new car.

I know there is some quality parts from different manufactures, but i honestly am new to all this suspension talk and do not know where to start. Im thinking i will start with the front of the car and work my way backwards, so any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

you want a new sub frame? or to redo the stock frame?

Im thinking just buy a whole new subframe. My problem after that is once i get that ordered what else will i need to get it under the car? Then i guess after i figure that out i would be looking into disk brakes.

Look into No-Limits sniper front clip. If you want to too keep the sub frame ridetech Level 2 with sway bars.

IMO, the No-Limit subframe might be a bit too hard core for a predominately street driven car. If you want a new aftermarket subframe, I would recommend DSE or Speedtech depending on your preference of a front steer or rear steer configuration. Or maybe a complete ridetech front suspension bolt on package for your stock sub.

What you really need to do is spend time and read as much as you can about all the suspension choices available these days. Everyone you talk to will have a different recommendation and to be honest you can't make a bad choice as long as you go with a name brand. All of the suspension companies that advertise on this site make well engineered quality products. Just stay away from cheap ebay suspension parts whatever you do. They will end up costing you more in the long run.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      IMO, the No-Limit subframe might be a bit too hard core for a predominately street driven car. If you want a new aftermarket subframe, I would recommend DSE or Speedtech depending on your preference of a front steer or rear steer configuration. Or maybe a complete ridetech front suspension bolt on package for your stock sub.
      See, you take things up a notch, or three, and all of a sudden your "too hard core" - Thanks for the compliment. J, if you are interested in a new subframe assembly, please give our Sniper IFS a look. Yes, it has the best geometry of any IFS on the market, and Yes, it is geared towards taking a beating, on or off the track. Those things also make it bullit proof on the street and a pleasure to drive in any situation. Our Sub's include motor and trans mounts and front brake line plumbing. A complete subframe with ridetech HQ coil-overs and 13" 4-piston brakes will run appx $8300 ready to bolt in. You can use OE rubber, Urethane, or solid body mounts.

Be sure to give a good hard look at the Chassisworks sub frame. It has really good, clean sheet suspension geometry and is built to incredible tolerances with CNC machining centers and robot welding etc. It`s lighter than stock but uses very beefy components that can handle every day street use, pot holes etc. Delrin bushings throughout, coil overs with dual dirt and moisture seals for all weather use and more custom options than any other sub frame on the market. It was the choice of the RCR Series 3 Camaros that regularly sell for $300,000+ at auction. A well optioned one with power rack, adjustable Varishock coil overs etc. is only $5454. http://scandc.com/new/node/702 FYI for $8550 you can do the Chassisworks "The Works Package" bumper to bumper with gLink multi link rear suspension,double adjustable shocks and gConnector structure package too. http://scandc.com/new/node/806 It`s basically a chassis in a box, just add your car`s body and driveline and you`re done. ;)

We sell a complete, new subframe that would be perfect for your application. Price direct from us is $5800-$6350 depending on options and is a complete, ready to run unit with all of our suspension to include 12.7:1 steering box.

http://www.hotchkis.net/product/comp...rd-68-74-nova/
      Hotchkis Sport Suspension
      Toll Free: 877-466-7655

Thanks for the replies everyone. Still looking over my options and deciding what i want to go with. I thought i would be predominately driving it on the street, but my parents have a vacation home literally ten minutes from the motorsport ranch in Cresol, TX (DFW Area) if anyone is familiar with that. So I'm thinking about maybe trying it out there, which ultimately makes me think i want to do it one time and be set for anything i might do with the car.

Eventually i will get around to calling and talking to you guys, but for now i want to do a little more searching and see what route i ultimately want to go before i start wasting peoples time. hah. But again i appreciate the replies.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com