Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Auto trans. Help please!

Hi guys, I could use with some help. What I have, 56' F100 with 11' coyote crate motor and 2000 ish 4R70W trans with stock convertor and a pcs simple shift transmission ecu. The problem, I built everything and today was first time ever putting it in gear. When I put it in drive or any other gear it wants to go. I need to stand on the brakes heavy to keep it stopped. I don't have any error codes on my simple shift and all base parameters are set correctly. I am guessing that my convertor is not 'slipping?' Any ideas? Thanks

Country Flag: United States

Auto trans. Help please!

Yeah probably the torque converter.
      What's the idle at? Some of the Coyote crates we've done have a pretty high idle like 1000 in neutral. Should be closer to 800.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Thanks for the reply Dale I appreciate it. I don't have a tach yet, but my wife's ear was saying it revs too high. This is not adjustable by me is it?

Country Flag: United States
      It's probably not the trans. Check your throttle body it may be open still when your off the pedal or something is hanging it open. Do an easy check, unplug everything on the trans and put it in gear, if it still does it you know it can't be the transmission. IF it was anything I would say the input sensor. Try unplugging that and doing the same test.

JORDAN

Well this is a late update, but better late than never. I have manual brakes and it was as simple as not enough brakes. I screwed up on the rear shoes and had next to no rear brakes. All is good for this issue

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com