Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Spanky's Rod Shop LS3 Cruise Control

I just installed this and it works perfect. This completes the "Touring" part of my ride and I couldn't be happier!!

Six wire hook up with the E38 computer:

12 volt switched
      ground
      hot side brakes
      cold side brakes
      VSS signal to speedo
      ground switch from clutch

Also you have to run 4 wires through your column if you want to run the controls from your turn signal like mine.

Contact Adam Gunn at 479-216-2321 and he can set you up with this.
      '69 Camaro Coupe, Full Ridetech stage 3 suspension, moser wavetrac 12bolt, Forgelines, Ls3 T56 Magnum and once again tuned by Ed!

'69 Camaro Convertible, all DSE Stuff, LME 430 LS7, tuned by Ed Hutchings and built by http://www.gforcedesignconcepts.com/

Will this work with an E67 ECU?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I'd really like to have cruise. My heel was numb at the end of the 8hr trip to TN. I'm still running a cable setup. That looks decent and sounds easy to wire in

I talked to them last year about it. Andrew, i also have the E67 and they said it wouldn't be a problem. They set up each system individually for each customer. They said other than the cruise stalk on the column, the rest of the system was plug and play harness through the electric gas pedal. I might look at it again this summer, cost was around $500 though.

Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

I'm installing one of their setups in my '61 Parkwood with my LSA setup. They do build it specific for each application, and it's independent of the ECM. So, it doesn't matter if you're running an E67 or E38. I agree that it's a must-have for any car that's going to be driven a lot!

Spanky's Rod Shop LS3 Cruise Control

Has anyone used the Dakota digital box?

I just ordered one of the DD cruise setup for DBW from MCB. Pretty good deal compared to buying it other places and a lot cheaper than the Spanky's setup. I already have the VHX gauges so the integration should be pretty easy. From looking at the instructions, it "seems" pretty simple to install. I hope to have it sometime next week (CC got charged) and start the install next weekend. I will post up some install pics when I get it in. Andrew, I am using the same E67 with GMPP setup that you are on your GTO.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

This is available as well. Looks very similar to the DD kit ;

http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com...e-etc-engines/

Both of the above mentioned companies (DD and CC store) copied the guy who makes these systems for SRS- hotrodtherapy.com . I have a 2006 GTO engine and DD originally said they made a cruise kit for it, only to find out they were using me for a lab rat and it never worked. These guys made my E40 GTO setup work. I was referred to them from a guy who installed one of their systems on his C2 vette with a GM performance parts LS3. Kit plugged right into his GM harness, was $350, and only took him a couple of hours to install. He bought the kit 3 years ago when DD didn't offer anything. DD actually referred him to this guy. Just don't want anyone to have the nightmare I did trying to make cruise work on these fly by wire systems.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com