Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by cactuss4 View Post
      Site no longer loads and our conversation seemed to have been cut short (no followup after a few emails) So not sure what is going on there.

Tory
      http://www.meanstreetsperformance.com/

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Vintageracer that was my post. LOL I just got back from meeting with another shop where the metal guy went to. My car will be moving there in September. They don't do insurance work and are finishing up with some long term projects in the next couple weeks. That will give me some time to do some adjustments to the suspension on my build.

Building a car can be frustrating. It WILL be over budget. It WILL take longer than you think it will. I learned long ago that things in life are rarely on my timeline and as soon as I realized that life got much more tolerable. That does not mean you have to stick to someone elses timeline though. Hence the move of my car. I now have to work with a different person's timeline/schedule. LOL!

First..Take your budget and double it..HAHA
      Then hope the "professionals" dont muck it up. Almost every person Ive taken my car to has eff'd up something (except Johnsons alignment, those guys are top notch)
      The taste was soo very sour, that I bought a bunch of tools and I started doing my own work. My recent bent valve fiasco took 3 months for me to fix but it only cost me $200 in parts
      I'd have had it done sooner if I didnt procrastinate so much

Point being Its way cheaper to buy a built car and change it then to build one from he ground up. Also theres no down time as you get to enjoy it immediatly.
      i met a guy at a Camaro meet last year who bought a full DSE/Baer/forgeline car off a older gentleman who lost interest for $40k. It was built at Best in Show and prbly cost $100K to build. Yeah it was orange with black wheels and had a 502 instead of an LS but it was an amazing deal and great place to start off from.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com