Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

My Car - Whats it worth - '69 Chevelle

Just give your honest opinions on this - Im thinking I want a gen 2 CTS-V but I dont know. Would use this as down payment.

Previous Owner - Except where noted
      396 60 over 9.6:1
      Full Roller Motor
      Ported and Balanced and Blueprinted
      Keith Black Pistons
      Holley 770SA (I installed)
      Edlebrock Pro 2.0 intake
      Accel Performance Distributor
      Accel Hi Temp Spiral Core Plug Wires
      Headman ceramic coated headers
      Flowmaster 50 series Dual 3" mufflers
      MSD Igintion system
      Holley 110GPM fuel pump
      Camaro Power Steering System
      Hurst Shifter
      4" Cowl Fiberglass hood with locking pins
      Doug Nash Ent. hybridized Super T10 close ratio filled with Royal Purple
      Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
      12 Bolt Rear axle
      Clutch type posi w/3.31 gears
      Custom Length Balanced Driveshaft
      Hotchkis Rear 4 Link with BRM Progressive rate lowering springs (I upgraded)

The following things I upgraded -
      All new core support and inner front fenders
      optima battery
      Tubular front control arms with Proforged Tall Upper Ball Joints
      Hotchkis 2" Lowering Spring
      Suede Sail Panels and Custom Package Tray
      Soft Touch vinyl dash and a-pillar covers
      Energy Suspension Body mounts and sway bar links/mounts
      Cipher Racing Seats and Shoulder Belts installed
      Installed gen1 CTS-V Front Calipers with 2010+ Camaro SS Rotors and Kore 3 brake lines (I have all of the equipment to do rear CTS-V brakes)
      New door handles and mirrors
      18x9.5 TSW Snetterton Forged wheels with 245/40 and 285/35 Continental Contiprocontact2
      I also installed a relay harness for the headlight and twin e-fans on a DeRale dual fan controller - NEVER overheats even in standing traffic on a hot July day.

The frame is solid. The floors are solid. The Trunk pan needs replacing. I believe the fuel tank is original so that should probably be replaced as well. The headliner isn't in awesome shape. Also, I have removed the rear seat and interior quarter panels and have not replaced them. Im having a G8GT leather rear seat altered to fit and it will be included (should be done by middle of May). The front interior door panels also need replacing. They used to be blue - the PO painted them black, theyre starting to become blue again. Someone who has time can really make this interior nice.

Also, link to the "build" is in my sig.
      Project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ouring-Project
      IG - @tc_chevelle

Is it just so bad its worthless?

IG - @tc_chevelle

Its not bad at all, it's just not "done" and also not a project so nobody wants to offend you or get balled out because they said it was too much or too little. Sooooo, assuming its not covered in Bondo under the paint and the engine runs well, I'd say low to mid $20k. The right buyer might go high 20s, but there are cars out there for that money that have high end suspensions and better motors.

REALLY just a guess...

Ya the tough part is there is known rust, which means there is unknown rust. The car looks like a fun one and there is a right buyer out there for sure. But if it's being sold as a project that's one thing and the price will reflect that, if it's being sold as a solid runner/street car, that's a different price but probably not something someone here will give. the solid runner/street car would be a CL/Ebay type listing.

My knee jerk is finish the interior , list it on CL for a higher than you want number and see what happens.

Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

I'd say the car is closer to $10k. The bolt on parts and nice paint mean nothing when you have to do the rust repair. Where there's rust there's more rust. There's a lot that needs to be done still on the car and rust repair is the wallet and time killer. It would most likely have to get repainted depending on how far the rust went. Plus all the little details needed, changing the large 4"cowl hood, interior work, etc etc ads up fast to.
      Ahmad B.

Ouch 10k? There's some pretty bad examples for 10k out there. I should post more pics under the carpet and such. I'm not offended par don't think that. But everything I've seen for 10k is pretty bad with a 350. High teens maybe?

Really don't think I'll bother listing it at this rate. Never the less I'll still enjoy it.......beats not having a payment anyways I suppose.
      IG - @tc_chevelle

I didn't mean exactly 10k but around the 10k mark like 13k. I've seen a guy on here with a 70 chevelle I believe with tons of parts, powdercoated frame, etc etc all in pieces for 8k ready for paint, all sheet metal repaired/replaced as needed already.

To buy a painted car with unknown hidden rust or bondo would scare me off for the car at anything over 13k. for that amount to me personal it's just either an ok driver or a complete restoration which is costly to do right.

I'd rather buy a project from the start and do it right, rather then spend more money up front to have to do someone else's project car over because it looked good.

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay in the end anyways.
      Ahmad B.

I see. That makes sense.

What if I put the word "Pro-Touring" in the description cuz wheels
      IG - @tc_chevelle

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com