Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Connect Nylon Tubing using ??????

I want to build a fuel system using nylon tubing. One of my challenges is the bulkhead on my fuel cell is an AN fitting. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there regarding what fittings work with OEM style nylon tubing.

would a fitting like this work
      http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-98202/overview/
      what about this?
      http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fr...8-bl/overview/

is there a specific barb that works with the nylon tubing or not?

these seem like rookie questions, or maybe I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be, but I was hoping to not have to run flexible hose the entire length of the car like every magazine out there seems to show.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

Country Flag: United States

Connect Nylon Tubing using ??????

Those are all designed for actual AN hose such as Aeroquip push-on hose.
      I've seen misc fittings for nylon line at Oreilly behind the counter. They are Dorman or Motormite and are called "repair line" or something like that. Most are plastic but I think you can get a nylon barb to quick disconnect style fitting which you can then adapt to AN.
      I've heard soaking the nylon line in a hot bath for a little while expands it enough to push onto the barb adapters I mentioned before.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

This is a link to using nylon fuel lines and fittings.
      Dorman supplies fittings and lines.
      Post 19 is the start.The thread is 5 pages long.
      Full of good info and links.
      http://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-in...ttachment.html
      Oliver Shultz
      It's OK to giggle and snicker. don't laugh and point

I think I found all the fittings I need to get from a AN bulkhead fitting to the nylon tube. Honestly not only is the cost ridiculous, but with all the different adapters I have to use there should be about 100 locations that have the potential to leak. Maybe I am going about this the wrong way, and I should just follow the masses and run braided hose the whole way.

anyone have pictures of a setup using nylon lines? just curious how you did it.

I feel like I would be better off if I could find a fuel cell bulkhead that wasn't an AN fitting. The AN fitting seems to dictate the need for expensive hose and fittings that aren't really necessary.
      Zach

Name:  307562d1311611484-nylon-fuel-line-fitting-attachment-p7240138-copy.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  100.7 KB
      like these. anyone know where the 90* bulkhead fittings in this picture came from? would be nice if they weren't brass though.
      Zach

we use the dorman fuel line repair kit 800-300 to build all of our fuel systems for efi conversions. the kit has part numbers for all the individual parts in the kit. before we got the kit, we looked at pics of the kit to get part numbers for individual pieces we needed. the kit is really nice because it has an assembly tool that makes the job really easy.
      we also have a hydraulic flaring kit that lets us reflair the stock steel line to take the gm snap lock fuel fittings.
      the corvette return style fuel filter works great with the above stuff.

71 maverick.
      71 comet in build process.
      i work at Current Auto Performance www.currentautoperformance.com. i also build the differentials for San Diego Gear and Axle.

SURRAUTO.COM/FUEL.HTML
      I have a kp1500 kit, several tool supply sources sell them. I got mine through my Mighty dealer. they also have good cunifer type brake line kits.
      Sold mine the other day on here, came with 25ft of line and bunch of fittings.
      Oh and much like one of you posted, i also have/use Mastercool hydraulic flaring tool. I does older gm fuel flare for old GF481 filters as well as quick connects.
      Also have 37 deg AN flare dies too.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com