Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Country Flag: United States
      Just go do it!! I started in a 1959 Ford with a stock suspension and manual steering, plus crappy tires to boot! I had an absolute ball!! Now I run at Goodguys and SCCA in CAM class and still having a ball. The car gets faster from seat time easier than from upgrades. I never worry about being "competitive", shoot, I have the only autocrossing 59 Ford in the world, so that makes me the fastest. Just do it, you'll be surprised at how well you run and how much fun it is.
      "What is that?"
      "A '59 Ford"
      "A '59 Ford what?"
      "A '59 Ford Car?!?"
      "You ain't gonna autocross that thing are you?"
      "I didn't buy it to look at it"

In 2013 I took the wagon out on the autocross at the Colorado GG. I think you can still see where the tires rolled over. I had a blast. Last year I took the Focus on the autocross course also had a blast. Will I do it again YES. It was fun watching a mildly modified 2014 Focus ST( not mine) whip up on the high $$$, high HP cars ( 5th gen camaros, etc) taking FTD.

All my cars are driving. Don't care if it is 10 miles to work or 1000 miles to a show. I drive them.

Tim
      1971 Buick Sportwagon pro-touring project.
      1985 Ford Crown Victoria 2 door next project.

I took a driving lesson awhile back and the instructor let me borrow his rental Jetta on the last day because mine had clutch issues...he told me to air the tires up to like 65 lbs and run it through the autocross...it actually did quite well. So, if you are ever stuck with a bone stock car and want to run the autocross...you might consider giving that a try. I was surprised I didn't hear a loud pop at some point!! Have fun...drive hard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Keith Corrigan
      1968 Camaro "Velocity"

Drive em hard, enjoy them forever!!

Country Flag: Canada
      I know these aren't pro touring but... You have to love the level these guys are driving thier cars, saw them this morning while at coffee,,they were on their way to a car show, I like the attitude.Drive em, you only live once.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I think those look great!! When you haul a trailer behind your hot rod you are definitely driving...and enjoying!!
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Keith Corrigan
      1968 Camaro "Velocity"

Drive em hard, enjoy them forever!!

yes...drive your cars!!! i often here my car isn't finished....just so you know...there never finished

this is what my car looked like when I just started driving it

no carpet, dash unfinished, rattle can can primer, dents in the quarters, ugly vette wheels, no back seat, stock gauges, stock suspension

and now

Quote Originally Posted by ragz View Post
      I know these aren't pro touring but... You have to love the level these guys are driving thier cars, saw them this morning while at coffee,,they were on their way to a car show, I like the attitude.Drive em, you only live once.
      I would love to find a vintage little trailer to haul behind my wagon. Bets paying for a hotel all the time.

Tim
      1971 Buick Sportwagon pro-touring project.
      1985 Ford Crown Victoria 2 door next project.

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by PT Sportwagon View Post
      I would love to find a vintage little trailer to haul behind my wagon. Bets paying for a hotel all the time.

Tim

These particular trailers are " Boler" Trailers, they were made in Canada in the 70's, there are still some kickin around and still really popular.At 150 dollars and up a night for a hotel ,they do have a place .

I drive mine, and it's not even ready yet!

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Yes , I do drive the **** out of my car...This was my car temporarily done up for the fury road premiere...
      Attached Images Attached Images  

If you don't drive the car then what's the point of having it? I can't understand trailer queen vehicles. Autocross is one of the best ways I can think of to safely enjoy a car. You're typically not going too fast, cones don't really hurt if you hit them, and you can learn a lot. I wouldn't recommend starting as a novice running at a nationwide professional event, but I'm sure you can find SCCA or other sanctioned events nearby that are less intimidating. Get out and drive whatever you have, I've seen guys in SUVs and mini trucks at autocross, they had fun, what else really matters?
      James
      1969 Mustang Fastback

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com