Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

2nd Gen Camaro, 18" staggered setup for a tubbed car. backspacing?

Hey guys,

Wanted to get some opinions on backspacing for a tubbed/4link 70 Camaro.

Sizes i'm thinking 18x8.5 5.5" BS 245/40 tire
      18x12 7.5" BS 335/30 tire

What are your guys thoughts. The fenders will be rolled, I want get the maximum outer lip without having to shorten the stock rear axle. I love aggressive stance, and do NOT want the wheels to sit too far in...

Pictures/examples would be PERFECT but no needed.

Thanks guys

I don't have a minitubbed car but my 73 has 19x8 with 4.5 BS and 19x10 with 5.5 BS and fits great. If u could fit a 9" wide in the front do it. I wish I had. If so I would think 18x9 with 5.5 BS would be about right. What suspension u running?

Quote Originally Posted by markss28 View Post
      I don't have a minitubbed car but my 73 has 19x8 with 4.5 BS and 19x10 with 5.5 BS and fits great. If u could fit a 9" wide in the front do it. I wish I had. If so I would think 18x9 with 5.5 BS would be about right. What suspension u running?

Front is just on hotchkis lowering springs. Rear is ridetech 4link and I have dse mini tubs.

My suspension is the other way around. ridetech coilovers in the front and hotchkis springs in the back. I think ur BS for the rear sounds right if it clears the suspension. Would Luv to see pics when u get it done

Did you ever get it done? I also would love some pics.....I want to run 18x9 in the front but not sure what BS to run yet

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com