Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

GM A body/G body rear swaybar

autocross/track Pros and Cons on using a rear sway bar on a A/G body with rear coilovers? I know the Swaybars that attach to the lower arms are pretty bad but what about the ones that attach to the frame?

I would consider them a good tuning tool. I recommend sticking with the ones that attaches to the axle and frame. I think all of this type are adjustable.

I run a LCA mounted sway bar on my setup with coilovers...and technically, it is still just a bit too much rear sway bar. It depends on your driving style and where you plan to race the car, but on a tighter autocross turn, any rear bar significantly stiffer than a stock LCA mounted bar will lift the inside rear tire and that is NOT what you want.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by paint2361 View Post
      autocross/track Pros and Cons on using a rear sway bar on a A/G body with rear coilovers? I know the Swaybars that attach to the lower arms are pretty bad but what about the ones that attach to the frame?
      We have rear anti-roll bars for A and for G body cars. You definitely want a housing mounted, adjustable anti-roll bar. This will allow you to fine tune the overall package. I would run the car without one at first, just to make sure you need it. Adding some rear roll resistance will improve front grip and make the car rotate more easily. You can find the proper bar for your car by Clicking Here.

We offer two different mounting styles; bolt-on, and weld-on. Both are shown below.

Carl Ogren - Sales and Tech

Email us to get your Chassisworks/TCP Equipped vehicle featured on Facebook!
      Chris Alston's Chassisworks - Phone: 888.388.0297 ext 247

Chassisworks - TCP - Varishock - Component Drive Systems - KP Components

Hey Carl, post your universal rear sway bars that mount to/through the frame rails. I think a lot of them are very stiff for drag racing but there is at least one with a softer, pro-touring spring rate.
      Justin Snow

Quote Originally Posted by GNon18s View Post
      Hey Carl, post your universal rear sway bars that mount to/through the frame rails. I think a lot of them are very stiff for drag racing but there is at least one with a softer, pro-touring spring rate.
      Hey Justin, I appreciate you encouraging me to post up our parts, but I'm not sure which one you're referring to. We make like 20 different ARBs and I don't have a chassis mounted bar that would really work for this car, at least not on the street.

That said, you could probably fab up some mounts and run this one: http://www.cachassisworks.com/p-1496...ear-frame.aspx

It is designed to be run in the Chassisworks 7154 Canted 4-bar frame but you can get a pair of threaded frame sockets with it as an option.

Sorry for the big blank space, I'm stealing these pics from the web store.

These are the sleeves.

Installs like this
      Last edited by Carl @ Chassisworks; 04-22-2015 at 01:06 PM.
      Carl Ogren - Sales and Tech

Email us to get your Chassisworks/TCP Equipped vehicle featured on Facebook!
      Chris Alston's Chassisworks - Phone: 888.388.0297 ext 247

Chassisworks - TCP - Varishock - Component Drive Systems - KP Components

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com