Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Where to go for Acid Dipping in the South East?

Looking to get a shell dipped. I'm in Birmingham, a place in Jackson Mississippi was the closest I knew of that would dip a whole car BUT now they do not offer rust removal. I guess that don't carry that type of acid anymore. Does anyone know of a place somewhat near me that does? Thanks!

I can ask my builder and see if he knows of any where around here. He took mine for blasting, but we never talked about acid dipping.
      Stephen

That would be great, thanks. I usually just do blasting but I have one that I really want dipped.

I also think there is one in Jackson, Tn. A bit out of the way, but may be an alternative. If you'd like, I'll find out the particulars..

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      I also think there is one in Jackson, Tn. A bit out of the way, but may be an alternative. If you'd like, I'll find out the particulars..
      Yes please let me know. I know I will end up having to travel so that part is no biggy.

There use to be a place in ATL I believe. But that was in the 90's. I've not lived there since 99.
      http://www.usa.com/frs/redi-strip-of-ga-inc.html

we used eco-clean, inc in ATL a couple of times and they did a great job

'66 Chevelle BBC/TKO600r, Holley Sniper EFI, Tanks Inc, RideTech Air Ride, Wilwood, Billet Specialties Toploaders 19"/20", Nitto NT555G2, Octane Lighting LED, DIGI-TAILS Front & Rear, Randy's Spoiler

Who or where in Jackson, TN

Quote Originally Posted by broken1234 View Post
      Who or where in Jackson, TN
      http://www.metalfinishings.com/

Metal finishing's, I briefly emailed them and found out they no longer offer the rust removal. I guess it just strips the paint and seam sealer off.

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroMike View Post
      http://www.metalfinishings.com/

Metal finishing's, I briefly emailed them and found out they no longer offer the rust removal. I guess it just strips the paint and seam sealer off.
      This one is in Jackson, Ms., the one in Jackson, Tn., I found out today is no longer stripping cars. He still powder coats and sandblasts but not the stripping. I've got a line on another one, I'll post when I find something.

Okay that didn't take long... This one still does metal stripping, from what I've been told by some of the custom places around here, it's the closest around this area. (N.E. Arkansas). Here is the information.

Redi Strip Indy
      4020 Millersville Rd.
      Indianapolis, IN 46205
      Phone: 1-317-545-2088
      Fax: 1-317-545-2090
      email: [email protected]

A long way to go, but if it was easy everybody would want to do it huh? Hope this helps. The website looks interesting though.
      Last edited by minendrews68; 04-20-2015 at 05:03 PM. Reason: added information

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      This one is in Jackson, Ms., the one in Jackson, Tn., I found out today is no longer stripping cars. He still powder coats and sandblasts but not the stripping. I've got a line on another one, I'll post when I find something.

Okay that didn't take long... This one still does metal stripping, from what I've been told by some of the custom places around here, it's the closest around this area. (N.E. Arkansas). Here is the information.

Redi Strip Indy
      4020 Millersville Rd.
      Indianapolis, IN 46205
      Phone: 1-317-545-2088
      Fax: 1-317-545-2090
      email: [email protected]

A long way to go, but if it was easy everybody would want to do it huh? Hope this helps. The website looks interesting though.
      Exactly what I am looking for. The website it looks pretty good expect for where they said "Camero" Its 7.5 hrs away from me. Decisions decisions...

Seems like everyone I talk to no longer dips around this part of the country. I guess its an EPA reason or something, when they are done with that acid I guess it has to go somewhere lol.

Quote Originally Posted by all4sho View Post
      we used eco-clean, inc in ATL a couple of times and they did a great job
      Ill give them a call, that is not far at all.

I found their website if anyone else is interested:

http://www.eco-clean.com/

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com