Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Decided to throw the taillights in for show and ended up wiring them and installing my led kit that's been in a box for three years. Put the shift boot in too!!
      Attached Images Attached Images      
      "Racing is life. Everything else is just, waiting"

Hell yeah looks awesome

And on to the front.

put the fuel filler and raydot mirrors on today- Ordered the filler neck. Slow wins....

Alright so I just sprayed my window frames, ordered sealant, and have been drowning in Youtube videos of window installs. What method of sealant in what places did you go with?
      Any advice or tips would be so well appreciated!!

I'm pumped for you watching this come together!
      Stephen S.
      1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

i put the rubber on the windows- carefully- takes awhile- i used a bondo spreader and some slightly soapy water in a spray bottle and it made it easier to work the seal onto the window...

put a rope around the channel in the rubber that the metal will reside in- prob. need about a 1/4" - 3/8" rope i used a small one and it made it harder. Put the window in place, i kinda put the bottom in the channel and then dropped the window down. Had my buddy push on the window gently and i pulled the rope out slowly- he pushed right where the rope was coming out of. Worked my way around- with generous soapy water! - and got them both in no problem. Vids i watched said to run the sealer stuff around the outside and under the rubber to the window as well. My front window seal is very tight to the glass- no way im getting it in there. I will seal around the outside after the car is painted and the trim is ready to go on- dont want that stuff gumming up the clips... Rear window seal is a FORD seal and its more loose fitting to the glass so i may need to go around the inside of that one.

----- drove the car down the road tonite and back. Wow. Violently fast, steering, brakes and suspension all feel great. Im surprised how stiff the springs feel since its on 200/ 150lb springs im used to running 400+ in the porsches and they feel light. I guess thats all im going to get done before the show but she looks good and it needed mock up and shake down so this is perfect.

Awesome, thanks. Hadn't thought of the soapy water, sounds like a good call. I've got repro gaskets so we'll see how they fit. I'm planning on following the Mustangs to Fear video and doing the 3M bedding and glazing between (and around for extra) window and then using urethane between the window and the gasket once its in.

Good on ya for moving under its own power! Wish I could make it to LS Fest, but its not in the cards. Have fun!!
      Stephen S.
      1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I'll be at LSFest. If you see me, say "Hello!"

Andrew
      saw your car- took some pics- then my phone died. Service there sucked. Not sure where you were but we were cruising around and people watching by the car on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by xsboost90 View Post
      saw your car- took some pics- then my phone died. Service there sucked. Not sure where you were but we were cruising around and people watching by the car on the other side.
      Hey Man...Really sorry we didn't get a chance to connect or that I did not see your car. I basically parked my car in the Holley booth and then walked around the facility. I was at my car for very short periods of time to get water out of my cooler, etc...

Phone reception at Beech Bend is terrible. On Saturday it was basically gone because of all the people at the venue trying to connect to the same tower.

I will definitely be there next year and let's make it a point to connect.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Got the harnesses in today. Going to the DMV tomorrow to get the title finished up, antique plates and maybe drive her a little

So the car is now titled in KY and i have insurance and historical plates on. Drove it to a couple events and though its rough, the car is awesome. Handling seems good even though my rear springs are way too stiff... lots of rattles from half the car not being installed, no side windows, but a blast to drive. Excelleration is out of this world. Put 107 miles on the new Speedhut gauges already. Now working on getting rid of interior drone and a belt squeek that is driving me nuts.

got my LSFest2017 "Best Under-construction" plaque in the mail the other day! pretty cool... been putting some miles on the car and working out bugs like, the right rear axle apparently never got an inner seal and started leaking really bad. Fixed that up then immediately the wilwood clutch master puked its guts on the floor while going to dinner. Put a rebuild kit in there and did some provision to keep the linkage from binding when moving side to side, so far so good. Went out to a couple cruise in's and picked up my strut bar from the powder coater finally and installed that- must make a huge difference because the fender was moving around some without it- i thought the fender was flimsy but no it was just the whole strut tower with no triangulated support. Now have over 240 miles on the car, still need to get some 100lb 10" 2.5 diameter springs- anyone have these laying around? I'll get some soon, the rear with 150lb springs is very stiff and the car jumps over small bumps in the road- sounds dumb but the car prob. weighs in about 2400lbs or less currently. Sounds killer though and up in the rpm's its awesome! How does this sound for gearing? 6th gear on the highway, 2500rpm at 80mph....Seems like every 500 rpm is 10mph so if thats right it would hit 155mph at redline 6500.....

Name:  IMG_0538.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  118.2 KBName:  IMG_E0515.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  211.6 KBName:  IMG_0534.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  203.7 KB

I must have missed your last few updates, Nicely done! I'm so jealous that you have been able to drive your car. It's actually pretty crazy how similar we are approaching our builds. I am planning in the next month or so to paint my dash and window channels in preparation to have the glass set. Then I plan to epoxy any bare metal and plasti-dip and cruise like that for a while. Have you given that any thought? You can dip your car for around $400 bucks including the sprayer.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

no im going to try to finish up the body work once it gets cold and get it ready so in the spring i can spray the car. Im too OCD about the body work and its driving me nuts...besides i think if i did that i would prob. just drive it and never get around to finishing it! Its already hard enough to do anything now that its running, and then stripping off the plastidip would suck over primer...been there.

Body work can be an never ending procedure if you're OCD , ask me how I know ! .

wow its not even a garage night and i managed to figure out why my turn signals wont cancel- my momo adapter not playing nice with the flaming river column- fix it and set the fuel gauge to read correctly. Speedhut gauges easier to set up than i thought! Look up my sender ohm range, program with button attached to gauge- boom! done.

theeen my trans decided second gear is too much trouble to go into, and while taking the exhaust off to remove the trans i arc'd my wedding ring to the starter and burnt my finger up pretty good. Got the trans out but the repair bill is going to set me back on the body work and paint stuff. Ordered some new door skins though since the doors are just too rough to mess with.

Ouch ! I hope you heal up quickly . If it's not one thing it's another when building hot rods . Very rarely does a new part fit without a little fine tuning and just when you think your heading in one direction , **** happens and your going in another . I think that's why it feels so good when something works out perfect .

true that!

got both my door skins off and fit the new ones- very nice! Good mark panels seem to fit perfect so far. Sanded the insides of both and epoxy coated them so the inside will stay nice and rust free for awhile. Once the doors are all put back together the fenders are getting some stretch treatment like the rear quarters did, about an inch is what im planning to fit a 275 in there no problem. Trans is going off to RPM transmission soon so i can focus on panel work..OH and i ordered a repro vin tag for the drivers door from MARTI so that will be sweet...i know i get excited about dumb stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by xsboost90 View Post
      How does this sound for gearing? 6th gear on the highway, 2500rpm at 80mph....Seems like every 500 rpm is 10mph so if thats right it would hit 155mph at redline 6500.....
      My nearly stock '97 Neon ACR (close ratio 5 speed, 7200 RPM Redline) by my best estimate (and if I had about 10 miles to get there) should have been good for a top speed of 145 or so. I had it to 120 at 4900ish in 5th. It was about 10mph per 1000 RPM. Obviously, yours will get there A LOT quicker than mine, but I'd expect your top end to be higher. What's your estimated HP and final drive?

Jay

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com