Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Braided lines and fittings

Hey Guys,

I'm currently trying to make up some oil lines with Braided -8 Summit hose (http://www.summitracing.com/int/part...0810/overview/) and some swivel -8 Earl hose ends http://www.summitracing.com/int/part...8erl/overview/ . When I twist the hose in to the red anodised fitting it doesn't feel very tight and I can pull it out relatively easily, on previous hoses (-6 earls with earls fitting) you need to twist it in and it resists being pulled out, this just feels too easy to pull out. Is this normal? I measure the outer diameter and its 0.641" which is what I'd suspect. When fully assembled it seems ok but I'd figured the red part should be tight on the hose. I've yet to pressure test them though.

Country Flag: United States

Braided lines and fittings

I've had some that assemble easy like that too and never had any problems.. Just as long as you can't twist it apart when fully assembled you shouldn't have to worry about anything happening.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

For what it's worth I found recently when doing a fuel line run from hard line into the engine bay that the earls fittings weren't the "nicest" looking. Never fit them up but the coating was dull compared to others and the inside wasn't as smooth.
      I went with Goodridge conical flow male ends and the black fabric abrasion resistant hose. I used an XRP swivel into the mechanical fuel pump cuz it was available locally. I accidentally ordered the wrong size and the Goodridge guy didn't have a swivel..
      XRP was actually the "best" looking of the fittings. Glossy and smooth inside and out.
      My sbc fires way faster after sitting now but that's prbly from replacing the inline filter with an aeromotive

I had some issues with fuel leaks from mixing and matching summit braided hose with a different manufacture fittings. A few years ago Car Craft did a write up on the different dimensions on different brands of fittings.

I now use fittings and hose from the same manufacture.

Not to hijack the tread but I feel need to mention I just finished the easiest plumbing job ever. l used fragola push-loc lines & fittings and the Koul Tools EZ-on AN hose press.I did the whole job including stainless pressure lines for the hydraboost this afternoon. The press is small enough I was able run the long lines and install the fittings without taking the line off the car to the bench to install the fittings. Best tool I've used for making a job I dreaded a breeze.The $250.00 purchase price was a bargain once I used the tool the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by redsixty9 View Post
      Not to hijack the tread but I feel need to mention I just finished the easiest plumbing job ever. l used fragola push-loc lines & fittings and the Koul Tools EZ-on AN hose press.I did the whole job including stainless pressure lines for the hydraboost this afternoon. The press is small enough I was able run the long lines and install the fittings without taking the line off the car to the bench to install the fittings. Best tool I've used for making a job I dreaded a breeze.The $250.00 purchase price was a bargain once I used the tool the first time.
      You used push lok on power steering? Isn't that stuff rated at 350psi and a P/S can put out over 1000psi?
      '67 GTO - LS3, 4L60E, SC&C AFX Package, KORE3 C6 Z06, Boyds PT-09s

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...7-GTO-LS3-Swap

Quote Originally Posted by CFster View Post
      You used push lok on power steering? Isn't that stuff rated at 350psi and a P/S can put out over 1000psi?
      No, I used the aeroquip TFE hose Hydratech supplied.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com