Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

68 Firebird pro touring car

Hey, i have a 1968 pro touring car that im wrapping up right now and about to sell. I originally started it a year ago to past the time after friend a passed away and its now complete. So of the market research I have found leads me to believe that it might be worth in the $35k range..but i real don't know. I would lie to sell it pretty quickly i have 8 other cars and really no desire to hold on to it. so Id like to know an about realistic quick sale price and an over, hold it til i can get to most out of it price and maybe settle for somewhere in between. thanks

1968 firebird
      body has been redone, panels been replaced
      Painted a single stage Flat black
      Body work seems to be done very well.
      Sub frame was repainted.
      The side firebird emblems were shaved as well as little other details.
      Car is on an airbag setup
      NOTE: I bought the car as a rolling chassis and was all ready painted with body work done. Air bags are not my first choice, but it does ride or look bad, so i left it.I know some like it and some hate it.

Drive train is a LQ4 with 4l80 trans, had around 70k miles from a truck
      Holley oil pan, motor mounts and headers where used, trans mount was made and acc brackets are from Kiwk proframnce.
      Has a mild cam comp cam 220/224 with new dual valve springs, retainers and ls2 lifters
      Under drive crank pulley
      Has Kiwk prefromance lsx AC bracket with a Saden compressor already mounted. but do not have AC
      Has power steering
      Full 6an SS fuel lines with areomotive FPR
      New areomotive F body fuel tank with a 340 pump built in.. This was a complete unit from them, bolt in and go.
      Professional products intake with a fast 92mm TB
      Polished valve covers and coils relocated toward the front of the car
      Has lokar gas peel with all polished accessories to make it work
      Installed the Dakota digital gauges with the BIM 1 for LS motors to make everything work correctly.

Interior is all new form classic car industriy.
      its the standard interior with new window regulators
      Has new weather stripping and new clear back glass.
      The side and front are OEM but the front oem has a small crack on the inside of the windshield on the passenger side lower part where it crack a little bit getting it out. I was going to replace it but its done cracking and it is OEM, so i reinstalled it and had no trouble since.
      Front and back glass trim is OEM from what I can tell.
      I modified the center console to accept a B and M hammer shifter and had it recover in black leather.
      Seats were redone with classic seat covers, repairs were made where they needed it.
      I only with back with lap belts, so no 3 point harness here.

Im sure there is more to it and im by far no expert on older cars, i deal mainly in vettes and exotics, so if missed something, its not on purpose, just ask.. and i suppose if you want to make an offer, feel free, i am not attached to this car what so ever. thanks josh
      Attached Images Attached Images                  

70 views and zero comments?? If its worth $20k, please let me know.. you wont hurt my feels one bit!!! thanks

Its tough to judge just by the photos and even tougher when its not totally finished. If I was going to buy it, I would have to see some photos of the body work before paint. As you know, lots of interesting things can lurk under that paint. The motor has some utility but the wheels and tires would definitely need to be changed. Without it being finished, and with no body work verification photos, I wouldn't go any higher than 15-20k.

fair enoguh.. Don't have any body work photos but the car is finished now, just need to take some updated pictures..Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshtownsend View Post
      70 views and zero comments?? If its worth $20k, please let me know.. you wont hurt my feels one bit!!! thanks
      $35k is Camaro money at best. Firebirds rarely bring Camaro money unless they are exceptional. It is tough to make money building a Firebird.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Good to know.. I don't believe this car is exceptional..I would probably call it a good dependable driver car.. Seems this car maybe a $20-$25k on a good day car after all.

On another note: for resale purposes, should i put the hood back on? haha I personally like it off.. but I do have it and its is painted and all.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com