Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Roadster Shop Style and Engineering Award Presents at the Goodguys Autocross

NEW AWARD FOR GOODGUYS AUTOCROSS PARTICIPANTS

I am proud to announce that the March Goodguys Pleasanton Autocross was the first event to present a new award for all autocross participants. The Roadster Shop will be honoring one lucky participant from each autocross with their Style and Engineering Award. This award is chosen Sunday after reviewing all competitor vehicles throughout the weekend. The award highlights a vehicle that best represents attention to detail, unique design and overall function.

How can you win the Roadster Shop Style and Engineering Award? The Goodguys websites goes into more details with a brief explanation from Phil and Jeremy Gerber:

“We’re looking for vehicles with the best blend of innovative style, function, and engineering, as well as overall ‘cool’ factor,” said Phil Gerber. “Factors such as unique components, and cutting edge fabrication will help us determine the winners. We’re looking for cars that standout“ said brother Jeremy Gerber

There will be 18 award recipients throughout the 2015 season. After the 18 individuals are announced, an overall winner will be chosen at the Goodguys Scottsdale Show in November. The winner will not only get recognition for their build in the Goodguys Gazette, they will receive a brand new Roadster Shop chassis- up to a value of $15,000. That's a pretty big prize!

For more details on this award I have included a link below:
      https://www.good-guys.com/hotnews/?p=9345

We look forward to seeing which 18 finalist have been chosen throughout the year and who will be the lucky one to walk away with a complete Roadster Shop chassis.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Brandy Morrow Phillips
      Site Contributor

WWW.PRO-TOURING.COM

Follow me for the latest event news on Pro-Touring.com

Roadster Shop Style and Engineering Award- Recipient Number 3 PCHRODS 1972 C10R

With great honor I am happy to announce that my truck took home the award for the Roadster Shop Style and Engineering Award at the Goodguys Pleasanton Show.

Both Rob and I were caught off guard when we were told that the truck would be making it's way to the winner circle once again.

The PCHRODS C10R was present with the award Sunday afternoon.

Though I was the one who received the award, my husband, Rob Phillips, is the true recipient of this great honor. Not only did he build this truck from ground up, he made it function right out of the box. We debuted the truck at the 2014 SEMA show then immediately competed at optima's Ultimate Street Car Invitational. With only one track event prior to OUSCI, the truck had no problems and held together.

That's pretty impressive considering we finished the build while on our way to SEMA. Now I don't brag much about my dear husband or my truck, but this award meant a lot to both of us. For those that are greeted with this award in the future, you too will understand what an honor it truly is.

Of course an award is great to receive, but it's usually a one time deal. That's not the case with this award. We will be back again for judgement come this November as we battle it out against 17 other individuals for a chance to win a Roadster Shop Chassis. I will continue to announce each award recipients as the Goodguys Autocross circuit continues until all 18 are revealed. We want to thank Roadster Shop for providing another opportunity for autocross participants to battle it out, especially for those that may not be as fast as others (myself included). I want to wish the best of luck to all the autocross participants and look forward to a great year.
      Last edited by Trackside-Brandy; 04-21-2015 at 03:56 PM.
      Brandy Morrow Phillips
      Site Contributor

WWW.PRO-TOURING.COM

Country Flag: UK
      Congratulations on the award Brandy & Rob, well deserved, I was lucky enough to win this award at the Scottsdale event, what an honor! Just got word the award will be mailed to me today, can't wait to get it, it looks awesome.

68 Firebird 400, 325 cfm Edelbrock heads, .628" solid roller, TKO 600 w/3.73's, Ridetech TruTurn and 4 link with HQ coil overs, Hotchkis Swaybars, Guldstrand mod, Baer 12" PBR 4wdb, Detroit Speed Subframe Connectors, 18x9.5 & 18x12 Apex EC-7's.

[QUOTE=Pontiac Chris;1127138]Congratulations on the award Brandy & Rob, well deserved, I was lucky enough to win this award at the Scottsdale event, what an honor! Just got word the award will be mailed to me today, can't wait to get it, it looks awesome.

So I was just about to post up the winners from previous shows. Capen had informed me that they started this award in Scottsdale. I had given him a hard time because I searched everywhere for more info on who won these awards and nothing. I finally used some of the little common sense I have left and went to the Goodguys website in search of the award listings for each event. Yep there you were! I am going to do a write-up on your vehicle as well as the other recipients so we can keep track of who gets this award throughout the year. Thanks for posting this though. My apologies about the mistake
      on the C10R being the first!!!!
      Brandy Morrow Phillips
      Site Contributor

WWW.PRO-TOURING.COM

Edit in Roadster Shop Design and Engineering Award Recipients

I need to formally apologize for my incorrect post about the C10R as the first recipient of the Roadster Shop Design and Engineering Award. I had learned at Del Mar that there had been two previous recipients from the Goodguys Scottsdale and Goodguys Texas Event. As of today there are a total of 5 Roadster Shop Awards given out. Below I will highlight those who have received the award and will continue to post the recipients here in this thread throughout the year.

Many have wanted to keep track of who wins this award because the competition does not end at each event. All these recipients will compete one last time against each other at the Goodguys Scottsdale Show in November for a chance to win a complete Roadster Shop chassis. That's a pretty big prize so you know everyone will be paying close attention to this award throughout the remainder of the year. Good Luck Autocross Participants!
      Brandy Morrow Phillips
      Site Contributor

WWW.PRO-TOURING.COM

Country Flag: UK
      [QUOTE=Trackside;1130181]
      Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac Chris View Post
      Congratulations on the award Brandy & Rob, well deserved, I was lucky enough to win this award at the Scottsdale event, what an honor! Just got word the award will be mailed to me today, can't wait to get it, it looks awesome.

So I was just about to post up the winners from previous shows. Capen had informed me that they started this award in Scottsdale. I had given him a hard time because I searched everywhere for more info on who won these awards and nothing. I finally used some of the little common sense I have left and went to the Goodguys website in search of the award listings for each event. Yep there you were! I am going to do a write-up on your vehicle as well as the other recipients so we can keep track of who gets this award throughout the year. Thanks for posting this though. My apologies about the mistake
      on the C10R being the first!!!!
      Hey Brandy, no apologies necessary my friend, yeah make sure you give Ed a hard time, he needs to get his act together . Let me know if you need any info on the car, I am slowly working on getting my build thread started on the forum here.

Cheers,
      Chris.

68 Firebird 400, 325 cfm Edelbrock heads, .628" solid roller, TKO 600 w/3.73's, Ridetech TruTurn and 4 link with HQ coil overs, Hotchkis Swaybars, Guldstrand mod, Baer 12" PBR 4wdb, Detroit Speed Subframe Connectors, 18x9.5 & 18x12 Apex EC-7's.

Roadster Shop Grand Prize

Hi just wondering if there are any updates on the Roadster Shop Design and Engineering Award. I won the award at the East Coast Nationals in Springfield and have been anxiously awaiting the announcement of the grand prize winner. I have my next build already going thru my head..

p.s. Congrats to all the winners, I am sure many were just as surprised as I was to receive the award. And good luck!

Paul
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey Paul,

Last I spoke with Ed Capen in November they were still going through the submissions. I haven't heard any further updates. If I do not hear anything from Ed within the next week I will email him to see if there are any further updates. Hopefully we will have news soon.
      Brandy Morrow Phillips
      Site Contributor

WWW.PRO-TOURING.COM

Thanks for the heads up!

Update Regarding the Goodguys Roadster Shop Design and Engineering Award:

Spoke with staff at Goodguys this past week. There are no further updates at this time. They are still waiting for the final results to be submitted before announcing the winner. I will keep checking in with Goodguys and will hopefully have an answer within the next couple weeks. I want to thank everyone for having patience and please let me know if you have any further questions.
      Brandy Morrow Phillips
      Site Contributor

WWW.PRO-TOURING.COM

Hi Brandy, any news yet on the award?

So quick update regarding the Roadster Shop Design & Engineering Award:

They have extended the contest to include both the 2015 and 2016 season. At the end of 2016 they will finally announce the winner. I am going to try to get a complete list from Ed Capen regarding who won at each event last year and post those here. As for the winner at the Goodguys Scottsdale event Roger Burman & Bob Gawlik won with the 1968 AMX (photo below). I do not know the winner from the Goodguys Texas event last weekend. If anyone knows who it was please let me know. Feel free to reply or pm me with any other questions. -Brandy

Brandy Morrow Phillips
      Site Contributor

WWW.PRO-TOURING.COM

Has anyone heard of a winner in this contest? Just wondering as I have not seen any announcement!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com