Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Accessory drive for LS motors (cost effective)

I am sure this has been asked a million times but I figured I would ask one more time. I have 6.0 LS motor and we are looking into getting accessory drive for it. What are some nice COST effective choices that I can use. I looked into Billet specialties but they are way to expensive. However I do like the look how they keep the components tight into the engine rather than spread out wide ( can't stand that look) I really could us some good advice so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Country Flag: United States

Accessory drive for LS motors (cost effective)

Hi Bret,

What's the budget?
      A billet drive is a minimum of $2000 with AC and PS.
      Here's some in order from least expensive to most.
      March Performance
      Eddie Motorsports
      Wegner Motorsports
      Vintage Air
      Billet Specialties

For stock style drives (cast not billet), Holleys setup is around 1200-1300 I believe.

If you'd like to source any through me id be glad to quote you out a set.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I pieced together a 98-02 f body stock setup. It took a few months to get each piece, but I probably have less than 4-500. The ac compressor can be an issue, but that will depend on your subframe. Holley makes an ac compressor bracket and there are others on ebay.
      Stephen

I went with a GM Performance accessory drive. It was around $800. You can get it with or without A/C.
      They have 2 styles, Cadillac I believe and Corvette. If I remember correctly the Cadillac has the alternator
      mounted high, that's the one I used. The other has the alternator low.
      I originally ordered it with A/C but didn't know the low mounting of it would interfere with the engine mounts.
      Then for A/C I used the brackets provided by Vintage Air.
      I painted them black so they don't stand out too much.

Crappy cellphone pic but you get the idea.
      Name:  IMG_0776.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  209.2 KB
      Here's a pic to show both sides.
      Name:  IMG_1158.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  250.6 KB

I went with the GM kit from Pace for my 69 w/ LS3. The Corvette kit has the high a/c mount. It was right at $1k for all. Not a flashy looking kit, but it gets the job done.
      69LSX

What car is it going into and what subframe?

Quote Originally Posted by cwylie View Post
      What car is it going into and what subframe?
      1968 c-10 truck
      Attached Images Attached Images  

get a factory gm one. i used a factory c5/c6 system for mine. all gm, easy to get parts and havent had any issues ever (6yrs) and 10k miles i just had to get a vintage air bracket to adapt my compressor to fit. This is a old pic from when motor went in.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      69 Camaro
      03 z06
      90 mustang coupe

The biggest issue I ran into was trying to low mount the a/c compressor. If you can low mount the a/c compressor I would use the LSA drive setup minus the supercharger drive. Its nice and compact and low mounts both the a/c compressor and alternator.

I would be headed to the junk yard. I have a couple near me that will help a guy out who is building a hot rod. Sand blast the parts and paint them and they will look good. The important part here is everything is off the shelf if anything needs to be replaced.
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

LS accessory drive

Quote Originally Posted by cwylie View Post
      The biggest issue I ran into was trying to low mount the a/c compressor. If you can low mount the a/c compressor I would use the LSA drive setup minus the supercharger drive. Its nice and compact and low mounts both the a/c compressor and alternator.
      Can I use the LSA drive for the power steering and alt then use holley's A/C bracket to mount the A/C comp. Later on could I still add the Factory supercharger with this system?

19257325 is the part # for the corvette set up. Its 535 @ jegs with free shipping.
      no ac.

look into kwik performance I used it on my 69 Camaro. I think it looks better than the holley . jerry davis

there are a ton of options i used a company called lssimple they guy is very knowledgeable. i have truck accessories and running a car waterpump. and he sent me all the right spacers and everything and it bolted right up hassle free and looks nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi875 View Post
      get a factory gm one. i used a factory c5/c6 system for mine. all gm, easy to get parts and havent had any issues ever (6yrs) and 10k miles i just had to get a vintage air bracket to adapt my compressor to fit. This is a old pic from when motor went in.

This is what I got for around $500. I would buy new in this department, well worth the money to have all the hardware and no broken pieces.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com