Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Mini Tub Axle Width Change?

I have a 69 Camaro and I'm wondering if I decide to mini tub the rear do I need to narrow my axle or just stick wider rims and tires and it'll be fine? Thinking about having 315-345 wide tires in the back. Thanks

Country Flag: United States

Mini Tub Axle Width Change?

Minitubs themselves don't have any requirements as far as the rear end goes. The rear suspension needs to be changed slightly to accommodate of course..

The only thing that narrowing a rear end does is allow you to run less back spacing, i.e. a deeper dish wheel.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Minitubs themselves don't have any requirements as far as the rear end goes. The rear suspension needs to be changed slightly to accommodate of course..

The only thing that narrowing a rear end does is allow you to run less back spacing, i.e. a deeper dish wheel.

-Dale
      Yeah I figured it would be a good time to change multi leaf springs to a 4 link setup because I knew they would get in the way. Good to know I don't need to change the axle width though. Thank you

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com