Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: LS7 Hard Start

Country Flag: Canada

LS7 Hard Start

Hello all,

I have just installed a new GM crate LS7 into my 1970 Firebird Formula and amhaving a hard start issue. The car starts somewhat OK when cold, but once ithas run for a couple minutes and turned off, it won’t start again until itcools off.

I've read a few things, could he a heat from the headers, fuel issue, tuningissue, some have said to remote the solenoid. I have Detroit speed headers, anda new factor LS Starter. I was going to swap in a MSD DaynaForce startertomorrow, and see if that helps.

thanks, Chris

Country Flag: United States
      Sounds like ur headers are getting ur starter to hot. Get a heat shield for ur starter. That should fix the issue. I had a Chevelle that would do the same thing

LS7 Hard Start

Could def be a few of those factors. First is I would def get some kind of heat shield or wrap for the starter. You could also wrap the headers. One thing to have them look into is the tuning. But good luck bud

Country Flag: United States

LS7 Hard Start

You didn't say if it's turning over fine, just not starting - or if it's not even turning over. Comments relative to the solenoid or the starter don't apply it it's cranking over just fine.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com