Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1965 Pro-Touring Pontiac GTO fresh build

Reluctantly up for sale is my 1965 Pontiac GTO which I've been building since 2004. It's completely fresh with about 160 miles on the whole build, hasn't even been to a show yet. Just one Christmas parade. I have an enormous pile of receipts and approximately $80k invested, maybe more, I'm afraid to add it all up. Priorities are changing, I've got too many cars and it's time to downsize. I turned every bolt on this car and I know it inside and out. I’m sure I’m leaving out a lot, but here are the cliff notes:

1965 Pontiac Tempest Sedan fully cloned to a Royal Bobcat GTO. I currently have four real GTOs and wouldn't have done this to a true GTO. My own combo of restoration and resto mod.

New Mayfair Maize paint, 7.5/10. Very straight and nicely done, not perfect. I did not want to be afraid to drive it. All trim restored, new emblems and rechromed original bumpers, all weatherstripping and window felts are new. Very nice tailpanel and taillight grilles with NOS lenses. Xenon headlamps. Real GTO hood with factory scoop and a Ram Air scoop, both painted to match.

New black interior with mint 06 GTO seats, wired for power. 2006 rear seat is included, as I hadn't gotten around to making that work yet. There is a recovered ’65 rear seat currently installed. Real ’68 wood wheel (smaller than the ’65 so more room around the seats) with ’65 horn assembly. Rallye gauges, padded dash, restored gauge bezel, new dash harness, full dynamat, custom center console from a 3rd gen Camaro. Vintage AC and heat. Very nice custom stereo with Pioneer Premier headunit, kickpanel speakers, Phoenix Gold amps, and a single 12” sub. All of the stereo and vintage AC controls are in the console so glancing across the dash it looks original. I also cut in the factory side AC vents so it looks original. AM radio and original climate controls are installed just for looks, but are non-functional.

Now for the best part - a completely built 421 tripower by Spotts Performance with all of the best parts. $18k+ in the engine alone. 9:1 motor so it's safe for pump gas and ready for a power adder. Forged crank, rods and .030 over 428 pistons for a total of 433ci, custom-ordered Comp roller cam, ported 6X heads, '65 tripower built by Mike Wasson with ram air pan, all ARP bolts. Complete polished March serpentine kit and conversion to more reliable 11-bolt waterpump. Rodney red radiator with ’66 style inlet/outlet for better cooling. RobbMC and Magnafuel fuel system with AN fittings, stainless lines and return. Canton road race oil pan. Custom M&H engine harness with HEI and a modern 12SI alternator, IMI ministarter. Ram air manifolds to a Pypes exhaust with electric cutouts and factory-style splitters. Sounds fantastic. All correct Ram air brake lines and battery cables.

Behind the 421 is a brand new Tremec TKO600 with a Keisler hydraulic clutch kit, McCleod SFI bellhousing and clutch and an Inland Empire custom aluminum driveshaft. Rear is a 10-bolt with new 3.90 gears and a safe-t-track. It’s also got 4-wheel Baer disc brakes with all new hardlines and braided flex lines, AGR power steering, and the suspension is completely rebuilt with Hotchkis springs and sway bars, Blistein shocks, SC&C UCAs, and BMR rear control arms and support braces. Has a great stance. Probably my favorite part of the car are the wheels and tires - wheels are custom Intro Vistas to mimic a classic Hurst wheel. 17” fronts and 18” rears with custom BFG redlines from Diamondback.

I'm not dead-set on selling it, I just wanted to post this up and see what happens. It does have a custom-fit California Car Cover and it was just detailed. I'll put up additional engine/interior pics from my home computer. Asking $49,500.
      Attached Images Attached Images            
      Matt
      1965 Pontiac GTO – Spotts 421 Tripower | TKO600 | 3.90s | Vintage AC | Baers | Hotchkis/SPC/BMR Suspension | Intro Vistas | BFG KDW Redlines | 06 GTO Seats

Additional pictures of engine, interior, undercarriage and trunk. If you post or PM your email, I can send you a link to my Snapfish album which has about 200 photos.

Name:  IMG_4779s.JPG
Views: 6726
Size:  170.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4814s.JPG
Views: 6692
Size:  151.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4810s.JPG
Views: 6666
Size:  141.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4808s.JPG
Views: 6672
Size:  220.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4804s.JPG
Views: 6669
Size:  189.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4801s.JPG
Views: 6687
Size:  148.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4790s.JPG
Views: 6701
Size:  144.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4788s.JPG
Views: 6656
Size:  136.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4781s.JPG
Views: 6679
Size:  174.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4815s.JPG
Views: 6618
Size:  131.0 KB
      Matt
      1965 Pontiac GTO – Spotts 421 Tripower | TKO600 | 3.90s | Vintage AC | Baers | Hotchkis/SPC/BMR Suspension | Intro Vistas | BFG KDW Redlines | 06 GTO Seats

To the top
      Matt

Beautiful car. Nice mix of classic and new.

To the top
      Matt

to the top
      Matt

Matt

Beautiful ride!

If someone tries to low ball you, I'll buy the rear seats!!! Car is a great mix, hope Ebay comes through for you

Tory

Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

Thanks Tory. I do have a spare new GTO rear seat if you're interested. I bet shipping NJ -> CA will be cost-prohibitive though.
      Matt

Lots of interest but no sale on eBay.

Price drop to $45,000
      Matt

Matt

Spring bump.
      Matt

Summer bump.

Just took this on it's first real trip last weekend, about 180 miles total with an overnight stay. The A/C was charged for the first time the day before I left. The GTO did amazingly well, never missed a beat. Temp never went over 200 even in lots of bumper-to-bumper traffic on I476. Made me rethink selling it honestly, but if the right offer comes along, I'll move on to the next project.
      Matt

Matt

She's gorgeous. Wish I could buy it. Good luck with the sale.
      '72 Lemans
      468 Stroker; Aluminum KRE D-Ports ported by CVMS (10.2 comp); XR288HR Comp Cam; Port Matched Performer RPM; Quick Fuel Carb; Doug Long Tube Headers, 2.5 exhaust with H-pipe and Flowmasters; TH-400 w/11" 2800 stall; 9" Rear w/Eaton TruTrac Diff and 3.50 gears.

Something about this car... It's beautiful! Wish I was in a position to buy it too.
      1963 Nova SS

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com