Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Seats for 1st gen Camaro's

Has anyone tried the seats out of a SS Cobalt in first gen Camaro's? Just saw a pair on fleabay that looke pretty nice. Just don't know how they'd fit.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

It has been done, just not sure how difficult. They do fit nice from the pics I saw. The 5th gen Camaro seats fit also. Maybe someone will chime in who has installed them.

They fit.. with very slight modification to the trans tunnel so they would sit flat.. I cut out the little bump on the side of the tunnel. However, if you are over about 5'10" you will not fit. You would have to modify the seat structure to get them lower (cut out the crash protection bracing, etc. and fabricate) and you could probably lower the seats at least 6 inches. That modification was beyond my level of experience and did not seem like the safe thing to do. So I sold them, lesson learned. I am 6'4" and I would have to recline way, way back to fit. They were great seats though...

yeah... I'm only 5'8" so I don't have the problem a lot of you taller guys have. Thanks for the information

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

From what I've seen of GM seats, they've all been held to the floor mounting frame with four bolts. I put third gen Camaro seats in my 68 and 95 Bonneville seats in two Caprices. One of the sets of Bonnie seats was power and I put them in with their original seat brackets and an adapter between the floor and mount. The other set I just unbolted the seats from their mounts and bolted them back to my Caprice mounts. The passengers seat in my Caprice squad car had two steel flat-stock bars that bolted between the seat and the floor mount and shifted the seat 1 1/2" towards the passengers door for the Police console. That would be my preferred method in the future.

-Jim
      1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

Some pics and a link for universal seat relocation brackets.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/1964...ylark-gs/sb246
      Last edited by camrat68; 04-05-2015 at 09:21 AM. Reason: clarification of link
      1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

My wife has a '06 Mustang GT that I measured the seats in and they're a very good match as far as dimension wise front and back. We have a salvage yard here and they have a goo looking set front and back for $350. Black leather too.

Carl Wilson

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com