Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Vaccuum lines 86 Monte Carlo SS

I am almost done with my ground up restoration 4 years! I am at a loss for some of my vacuum line routing. There is a bal on the drivers side with one fitting, I know it is a reservoir but I don't know how it connects. Also the purple line from the heater control, where does it connect?
      The schematics I found don't show the ball and heater controls. I think the white plastic line from the heater control goes to the water valve. I think I got the rest of the lines figured out, just lost at this point. Any help would be appreciated, even if some on could take pics of their engine compartment.
      Thanks
      Dan

The reason it is somewhat hard to find a schematic showing all of this is they changed from year to year and with different options. Does you car have cruise control? The vacuum ball is a reservoir to help run the cruise and heater controls under low vacuum times. It's been a long time since my car was stock and I've removed the cruise and all of the EGR and evap canister purge valves (does your car still have that as well) but basically a manifold port on the back of the carb goes to a little one way valve on the vacuum line, then the line out of that valve splits and goes to the cruise, the vacuum ball and the purple HVAC vacuum line. The white vacuum line does go to the water valve. be careful with those plastic lines, they get brittle and break easily and are almost impossible to replace.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

I updated with a new crate 5.7 hi performance but left all the smog crap, or most of it so it looks stock but not smog legal. I think you have helped me out I will check this out on saturday. thanks a bunch

thanks that was it!!
      Dan

Right on. Happy to help out.

Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car