Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Driveline/Flywheel Set Up

Hey guys, I wanted to see what everyone is doing for a Flywheel, Lightweight Aluminum, steel etc etc ?

I feel like i could benefit from a light weight flywheel to keep my RPM's up during a run.
      I have a '92 Camaro and was looking into a flywheel from http://www.fidanza.com has anyone used one of these ?

They seem to have a good name, but i always thought they were an import company, but their website has lots of Camaro/mustang parts.

Any thoughts ?
      Suggestions ?

Take a look at the Center Force DYAD clutch system.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Take a look at the Center Force DYAD clutch system.
      Hey, we resemble that remark! Thanks for the shout-out.

The DYAD is our multi-disc clutch that can handle up to 1,300 ft.-lbs. of torque at the flywheel while also being forgiving enough for daily-driving duties. We unfortunately don't currently offer the DYAD for a stock '92 Camaro, but if you have a later-model LS swaps and Chevy crate engines, we sell the DYAD for most of those applications.

Name:  DYAD-thumb.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  139.6 KB

ive ran aluminum fly wheels on the last 3 ford 5.0 based motors ive had in as many cars. the only problem i ever had was when the car was regeared to run silver state classic and we had to ride the clutch significantly to get started from a stop and the clutch was done shortly after we got home. when its properly geared for street and track driving its no problem.
      71 maverick.
      71 comet in build process.
      i work at Current Auto Performance www.currentautoperformance.com. i also build the differentials for San Diego Gear and Axle.