Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Sorry, haven't checked this in a few days. I called tech support last week. I was told to check the voltage on the wire that was white with yellow tracer, at the control panel. The guy talked me through checking the voltage, we determined that the panel was bad, and not outputting voltage when in the "dash" position and it was in turn not letting the "flapper" position correctly for dash air. He never once mentioned sending it back and it was under warranty, he actually told me he could sell me a new panel.

I had heard enough, took all the parts out of my car, and installed another brand. If it was a customers vehicle I would be far more disappointed and angry at the situation, but it was my own car, and when working on my own stuff i just dont have time to be angry to dissappointed, just gotta move on.

Still like the product that Vintage air offers, ive bought and installed a number of these kits, but was a bit turned off by this experience.

Thanks

Country Flag: Canada
      So what's the plan with that kit then..is it for sale
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Were just going to use it on the next shop car we throw together for fun, and buy one of the billet controllers to replace the bad controller we have now.

Did you talk to this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by ALAMOHOTWHEELS View Post
      If you are still having issues with your Vintage Air Chevelle system, please call me at 800-862-6658 ext.198 (Shane in Tech). We understand that it can take some time to finish a car. We are more than willing to work through any issues. Your system is under warranty.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

We would have called a week before he made that post, but i cannot recall who i spoke to, i was over the situation as a whole and just had to move on.

Thanks

Dad has had good luck with his system over the last 3 years but I wanted to put a boot in the salesmen Roy when they sold fittings that would not fit with the ls compressor and didnt want to swap them for ones that would.

I will still use them on my camaro just not Roy

Tim
      86 Mustang
      454 LS3 Mast 4500 intake FTI cam Holley EFI Drag radials and pump gas 9.24 143.73

79 Z28 Bonspeed GT-B DSE front and rear Z51 Brakes 5.3 Holley EFI Vintage Air

For the record, I will use Vintage Air products again as well, the problem i had is a single problem out of the couple dozen kits ive installed in customers vehicles. If i would have been more presistant it looks like someone would have eventually taken care of my problem, but i really just did not have the time since it was my own car, i had a few days to work on it before the next customer car came in, so i made the choice to go with something else, it worked and im happy. I just didnt really have time to wait to see if someone would fix the problem i was having with the VA kit.

I will for sure use VA kits in the future, being that this is the first issue we have had in all the years we have installed them, i call that a win.

If your unit is less than 2 years old, for $40 you can extend the warranty for another 2 years. If you used the slider system on your car there is a white wire just past the fire wall under the hood in the Vintage Air wiring loom. It should be grounded and a sequence run to make it work. I believe if you go to their web site there is instructions on how to do it. it is also in your instruction" booklet"

If your unit is less than 2 years old, for $40 you can extend the warranty for another 2 years. If you used the slider system on your car there is a white wire just past the fire wall under the hood in the Vintage Air wiring loom. It should be grounded and a sequence run to make it work. I believe if you go to their web site there is instructions on how to do it. it is also in your instruction" booklet"

Wow. The VA stuff kinda reminds me of the computer climate control stuff in the 80's Buicks.....lol. As a restorer of Harrison AC systems on factory equipped AC cars/trucks, I wonder what will happen in the future when vintage (ha ha no pun here) VA stuff goes obsolete? What then?

"...if at first you don't succeed, try again.
      If you still don't succeed, then quit-no sense being a damn fool about it..."
      -W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com