Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      200R4 built by Extreme Automatics Level 3 trans brake/all billet to include converter rated for 1100hp

Nice exhaust work there. Is that 4" into 2.5"?

Quote Originally Posted by alocker View Post
      Nice exhaust work there. Is that 4" into 2.5"?
      Its 4" into 3" at the mufflers.

Can't see the pics im at work. But what fuel pump and regulator are you using? The regulator has to be boost reference to increase fuel pressure as the boost rises. also will your cooling system handle the increased hp and heat? Is your cam a nitrous cam? Or N/A cam? If N/A it could cause alot of pressurize air right out the exhaust. What type of converter you have that could also lead to spooling and building boost issues. Check out the turboforums.com for builds close to yours. Also think about adding a good catch can system don't want oil in your engine bay.

Mean, your suggestions for the wastegate are correct... it looks like the first pic you posted isn't optimal by any means though at a 90 degree angle. To the OP, make sure you have good wastegate priority such as Mean has on the gated side (more of a Y), the boost controlled side is not optimal and could have the potential to boost creep. Just a little more help. gl

There are lots of red flags but I hope this works out for the OP... The work, craftsmanship is suspect. If the mechanic is learning how to design a system, how to fabricate, how to weld on the OP's car, and the OP is not paying, then not bad, if the OP is paying top dollar for a custom turbo installation...................................... .......................

I hope it turns out well and the OP is happy, that's all that matters.

Tory

Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by no go nova View Post
      Can't see the pics im at work. But what fuel pump and regulator are you using? The regulator has to be boost reference to increase fuel pressure as the boost rises. also will your cooling system handle the increased hp and heat? Is your cam a nitrous cam? Or N/A cam? If N/A it could cause alot of pressurize air right out the exhaust. What type of converter you have that could also lead to spooling and building boost issues. Check out the turboforums.com for builds close to yours. Also think about adding a good catch can system don't want oil in your engine bay.
      Aeromotive Stealth Gas Tank with Electric Pump, with boost referenced regulator. As for Cam it was a custom cam when I built engine 2-3 yrs ago with intention of running 250 shot of NOS which I have with no issues. Convertor was built with tranny/trans brake knowing I would be running NOS. Yes designing a Nice catch can as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tictakman View Post
      Mean, your suggestions for the wastegate are correct... it looks like the first pic you posted isn't optimal by any means though at a 90 degree angle. To the OP, make sure you have good wastegate priority such as Mean has on the gated side (more of a Y), the boost controlled side is not optimal and could have the potential to boost creep. Just a little more help. gl
      I will talk with the guy about the wastage and show him what you guys are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by cactuss4 View Post
      There are lots of red flags but I hope this works out for the OP... The work, craftsmanship is suspect. If the mechanic is learning how to design a system, how to fabricate, how to weld on the OP's car, and the OP is not paying, then not bad, if the OP is paying top dollar for a custom turbo installation...................................... .......................

I hope it turns out well and the OP is happy, that's all that matters.

Tory

The guy thats doing the work I have watched his work for the last 2-3 yrs and seems to to awesome work. Yes I'm paying and its not cheap...

Build complete finished the tune/dyno on Friday. Glad to have it back in the garage. Ended up going with 13lbs of boost.

[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Looks great!
      Seems pretty quiet?

When are you going to test it at a track?

Nice numbers. How doe she drive?

Drives really good. Even prior to this Turbo I seemed to always fight heat (more so in slow moving traffic. All motor it would build heat up to at least 200-205, but now with the extra Intercooler, and heat in general I was getting up around 215-220. I'm thinking about maybe looking to a better performing water pump, maybe a pusher fan as well. Not to sure. I have a Entropy Radiator with the dual fans which did not seem to help the N/A motor when in traffic and with hot outside it would cool down when moving good.

Quote Originally Posted by alocker View Post
      Nice numbers. How doe she drive?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com