Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
      Country Flag: United States
      I wondered what happened to the truck on Sunday....
      Dang parts...I spent most of the week before Charlotte UCSA getting a trans out / fixed / back in.

I did take some time to look at the front end of the Camaro when it was on the lift at DSE.
      I'll go ahead and say again, it is a nice package for sure....Would love to have one under my car. Maybe one day!!

Here are some picts of a production Sniper about to ship. This is shown with 13" 4 piston TBM brake set up. Also shown in the overview is our Sniper Side Rail support.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Looks amazing!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Carbon Brake Update

A while back we mentioned that we were working on using the C6 Carbon brakes. We are making some good progress and should have these avail soon. Step one is the rotor adapter. We are using our standard Sniper Hub, and machined an interlocking rotor adapter to fit the hub spars. The rotor adapter was designed to use the OE C6 mounting hardware, including the floater guides and spring clips. This will duplicate GM's design path for the floating rotor. Next up is the caliper mount, but this is a big step forward.

looking good

The BIG brake upfit is done. Very cool and very BIG. 15.25" carbon ZO6 rotor and 6 piston caliper mounted with the factory floating hardware. One thing we are really happy about is the rotor adapter ring. This is machined to lock on to the back of the hub so that the hub spars take the brake load, not the mounting bolts. Next to the monster is a 13" TBM wave rotor on the same hub for comparison. - Note, you must run a 19" wheel minimum.

Gen II IFS is ready to go

Although the two generations of Camaro/Firebird subframes are very close in many ways, they are not that close when it comes to a production item. There are two different locations of 2nd gen rear subframe mounts, depending on the year, and the firewall mount and core support mounts are also not the same as 1rst Gen's. - Way back in the early '90's I put an '80 subframe under a '67 Camaro that I had. It wasn't all that much fab work, and the car did drive way better, and as I remember, the biggest headache was with the steering box location. This swap gives us some good knowledge, but thankfully the days of those kind of swaps are over. -

The center rib section and the IFS geometry are exactly the same as the 1rst Gen Sniper, only the rails and mounts are different. This is. like the OE subframe, a direct bolt in, and can use urethane or solid body mounts. We have installed one with the 'short' mounts and it fit fine with one exception. The subframe hit the floor just behind the firewall mount, there are two or three layers of sheetmetal coming together in that area. A little persuasion with a ball peen hammer was all that was needed to eliminate the contact, and any subsequent rattle or rubbing.

With Sniper IFS units shipping out on a regular basis, we expect to see a bunch of them out and about next year. Look for the Sniper logo's at all of the cool events. - they'll be on the fast cars.

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by RobNoLimit View Post
      ....... Way back in the early '90's I put an '80 subframe under a '67 Camaro that I had. It wasn't all that much fab work, and the car did drive way better, and as I remember, the biggest headache was with the steering box location.......
      WOW! The Unicorn does exist!
      For more than a few years I have been looking for info on this swap from someone who has actually
      done it. Untill now the closest I have ever gotten was " my brother-in-law's cousin's best friend's
      sister's boy friend did it".
      Having done the swap so many years ago I doubt you would remember many of the finer details?
      Obviously buying a Sniper sub would be the best way to go but it would take too many pension
      cheques to pay for it, especially with the Canuck-buck tanking. In all honesty I'll never have the
      skill and fortitude to use one to it's fullest potential.
      Hey! Maybe you could market a conversion kit to put a second gen. frame in a first gen.!

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

wheel fit

Rob, thought id add a pic. got my forgeline test wheel today, an 18" wheel will clear these rotors and calipers as long as you use their competition series wheels, that have the straight inner hoop. the others have a hump in the middle that wont clear the caliper. this was an 18x11

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbs9 View Post
      Rob, thought id add a pic. got my forgeline test wheel today, an 18" wheel will clear these rotors and calipers as long as you use their competition series wheels, that have the straight inner hoop. the others have a hump in the middle that wont clear the caliper. this was an 18x11
      WOW, that's cool. - and close ! Have the guys at forgeline cut the center to 3.050" and they will clear the hub snout. I see the 1/2 height solid mounts, looks like it's going well. Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by RobNoLimit View Post
      WOW, that's cool. - and close ! Have the guys at forgeline cut the center to 3.050" and they will clear the hub snout. I see the 1/2 height solid mounts, looks like it's going well. Thanks for the update.
      For some reason the test wheel had a smaller 2.75 center I had ordered a 3", I think the concern was if the 18 would clear that caliper. the body mounts were stock height solids that I put in the lathe and turned them to the height I wanted, actually about 3/16th less than a half height. I may pull them and go just a little more, to tuck it as much as I can. check the build thread sometime "my 67 bird" has a lot of pics, and some good sub pics.

Bump.

Rob,
      Did you modify the stock inner fenders on this car? What ever happened to your project roach?

Quote Originally Posted by DJW32 View Post
      Bump.

Rob,
      Did you modify the stock inner fenders on this car? What ever happened to your project roach?
      Yes, we widened the inners to get 315's to fit. appx 1 1/2" to the inside. This was also done on the Velocity Camaro. The Roach has been driven some, and we worked on the wiring today. You will see more of it soon. And, a lot more of it next season.

I hate to unearth an old thread, but this is one of the best insider explanations of suspension design choices I've run into. Thanks Rob for sharing all these details. What became of this product? I do not see it on the No Limit website. Did the product line get dropped?

Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com