Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1st gen F body Headliner

Is it possible to install the headliner with both front and rear glass still in? The few videos and such i found all had the windows out but it does look that hard to instal them with them in with some time and patience.. Is there something i am not going to see before i start the install?

also is it better to use a spray contact cement or 3m super 90?

I actually just got done doing my own headliner for the first time. It turned out well. With my VAST experience I would say---

---the time/trouble of taking out the glass will MORE than be off-set by the time save and quality of the install
      ---When doing a headliner anything spray will be difficult to manage the over-spray. Get a liquid and plenty of flux brushes or something like the brush that comes in a can of PVC glue.

Good luck
      This is the build thread for my car
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Beak-Job-quot

You might want to adequately document the location of the shoulder mount anchors while you're in there, just in case something like the Morris 3-point seatbelts are in your future. I had my headliner done and I wish that I had thought ahead and told the shop to positively locate those for me so I'm not poking around blind when it comes time to mount the belts. Just a thought.
      Steve

yeah, i took pictures in relation to everything but im not doing a 3 point in the car.. just a lap belt..

I had mine put in, the guy that did it marked where all the seat belt ends were and the clothes hangars. The front and rear windows were in place. Took him about 3 hours to do it and cost around $155. Put all the trim on and really looks great, no wrinkles (which I like)

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

1st gen F body Headliner

Let's see some pics

I'll try to get some in a couple of days..

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Just FYI, TMI recently released a one piece fiberglass headliner for 1st Gen Camaros.

http://www.tmiproducts.com/chevy/bro...headliner.html
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Wow, finally, a month later! Sorry. This just slipped my mind. here are some pics though kinda dark..

Like I said, these are dark, if you need lighter ones let me know and I'll put lights in and retake them. I promise it won't take as long ...

Carl Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Just FYI, TMI recently released a one piece fiberglass headliner for 1st Gen Camaros.

http://www.tmiproducts.com/chevy/bro...headliner.html
      Have they actually released and shipped any of these? I remember there were some problems, and/or delays. Anybody have one installed for fitment updates?

I ordered one 2 weeks ago (black suede) and it showed up a week later. Don't have it in the car yet but shipping was quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Nativefx View Post
      Have they actually released and shipped any of these? I remember there were some problems, and/or delays. Anybody have one installed for fitment updates?
      I ordered one back in November and it took nearly 5 months to arrive but I understand they were having some production problems back then. I have it now setting in the box just have not had time to install it yet.

Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com